Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frog ill?!:(

Fbt123

Default Re: Frog ill?!:(

I also kinda forget to post for a few days lol. Tbh, she is sometimes really dark green abd sometimes shes really bright green. She seems to get bright green at mid day abd after i give her the honey bath. She is quite lethargic as shes always been quite lazy, however i do occasionally see her swim around and sometimes hop around on the land to her favourite hiding spot (underneath the brom in the picture). I really hope she gets better as shes such a cool frog . Also should i do this isolated feeding thing at the same time as the honey soak? I put a towel over the box shes in to came her down and she jumps about in the box i put her in. Basically she has her active moments thenher lazy moments lol. Thanks for helping me so far

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

No problem!, just keep a close eye on her if she's sitting in one spot hours on end, because it could possibly be a bacterial infection. But i very much doubt it.
    "A Righteous man cares for his animals" - Proverbs 12:10
    1.0.0 Correlophus cilliatus
    2.1.0 Bombina orientalis
    0.1.0 Ambystoma mexicanum
    0.0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0.0 Litoria caerulea
    1.1.0 Dendrobates auratus "Nicaraguan"
    0.0.2 Dendrobates tinctorius "Azureus"

Fbt123

What type of bacterial infection could it be? She does sit in a place for like 1-2 hours then shell swim about etc. the others do this as well and theyre fine as they eat a lot (especially my new one whos quite young)

Fbt123

Also do you mind if i can see a pic of your fbt viv please?

Nationality
    [Canada]

Not sure spc. wise for bacterial infection but if you look on this page Frog Forum - Basic Frog First Aid you should see the
    symptoms and treatment. My FBT vivarium is fairly new, i have 5 fbts in there (3 juveniles i will be selling to a teacher friend) and my 1.1 pair, Speedy
    & spunky. The plant is golden pothos and i have sphagnum moss covering the gravel.

Name:  IMG_0307.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  85.5 KB Name:  IMG_0308.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  82.6 KB
    2.1.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0.0 Litoria caerulea

Fbt123

Thats a cool viv! Im pretty sure it isnt bacterial infection as she used to eat loads, but she would literally launch herself into the cricket where i think she mustve got some gravel in her mouth. Ive seen her sometimes sput out gravel as well as the cricket to get the gravel out. So im pretty sure she is suffering from impaction. At least if shes eating thats a good sign /

Fbt123

Ive noticed she seems to sit in this corner for hours on end. She only goes on the land that is near to that (undef the brom). Im thinking this may possibly be territorial? You can just see one of her eyes poking out from the side of the bamboo thing. Is this normal?Name:  image.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  93.4 KB

Nationality
    [Canada]

This is normal, FBTs are a more aquatic frog, the only time my toads ever go on land is when the lights go out. Female FBTs aren't known to be territorial, They do however like to wedge themselves in between two objects sometimes! It shouldn't be a problem unless she hasn't moved from that area in days. I had one of my other frogs pass away from what i suspect was a bacterial infection and he stayed in one spot for days on end. Be sure she is still eating and such.
    2.1.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0.0 Litoria caerulea

Fbt123

She loves to stick herself in between tiny gaps, but her favourite plwce is definitely in the corner of the viv. Anyways i have good news! She went hunting today and got two woodlice in a petri dish i put in there! She does sometimes randomly miss them by like a mile which is weird, but hey, shes eating again! Shes never stayed in the same spot for over 2 hours

Fbt123

Just thought id show you het in her favourite land spot! Shes turned dark green but apparently thats due to the lighting and its dark in that bit
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  115.1 KB

Nationality
    [Canada]

Glad to hear it Is she still bloated? If not, I wouldn't
    worry about her unless her activity changes again
    2.1.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0.0 Litoria caerulea

Fbt123

She does look a little less bloated but ill still do the honey soak a few more times. Thanks for all the help Ryan

Fbt123

Ok something weird happened today. All of the frogs are sitting on the land area now, the male has also stopped calling (apart from a little squeak earlier lol). Is this bad or does it mean its the end of the breeding season now? They did go in the water a bit but they stayed on the land fir most of the day

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Fbt123 View Post
    Just found some honey! Can i use water from their viv as ive ran out of bottled water? Also i dont have a thermometer so can I tell if its the right temperature? Also in england we dont really have squirty honey, its mainly in jars, so how much would i need (eg 1 table spoon)
    Bottled water can be quite unsafe for frogs: http://www.frogforum.net/vivarium-te...hing-else.html. You should have at least an aquarium glass floating thermometer in the enclosure and for matching water temps during water changes. Those are only the equivalent of a couple $$ in the larger pet stores.
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Fbt123

Will the bottled water be ok if i put dechlorinater in it? Just looked at the label on it and ut has chlorine in.

Fbt123

Ihave an exo terra thermometer in there, but ill get a decent one soon. Can i get one off amazin/ebay that is cheap but decent?

Nationality
    [United States]

Will the bottled water be ok if i put dechlorinater in it? Just looked at the label on it and ut has chlorine in.
    Ihave an exo terra thermometer in there, but ill get a decent one soon. Can i get one off amazin/ebay that is cheap but decent?
    Was fearing that . Try and get some Seachem Prime or ExoTerra Aquatize and use it with tap water, do not overdose.

Just search for "Floating Glass Thermometer;" should be able to find online .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Fbt123

What happens if they are exposed to chlorine? They havent gotten injured from it (as far as im aware) lol. Can i use reptisafe as thats the only one they sell at my local pet shop

Fbt123

Are the FBTs gonna die from this chlorine?! It says 11mg/l of chlorine in the bottle. Thats loads! Then again they havent shown any signs of being ill and its been a month of using bottled water

Nationality
    [Canada]

Dont panic! if you buy aquarium fish dechlorinator, your tap water should be safe for your
    toads. Avoid the bottled water for now, Carlos has shown a great article that will help you
    out as well.
    2.1.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0.0 Litoria caerulea

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information