Thread: My Intro.... a lot late lol

awelcome

Smile My Intro.... a lot late lol

I realize I never introduced myself... how rude of me lol. I found this forum while desperately seeking help, and was so happy to have found it I kind of jumped the gun and just started asking for help.... which I got PLENTY of. Love this board already, and all the helpful members. Mind you, I am long winded, and I apologize lol.

So a little about me... My name is Alicia, and I live in Portland, OR. I am a SAHM, with two young boys. I am also a photographer, but not currently working as such. My hobbies include many things like cooking/baking, food photography as well as people photography, reading, learning violin (self teaching rather), crafty things, and more I won't bore you with, but they certainly never included bug keeping, or building tanks lol. I will admit, I never wanted a frog, or any other similar type pet, though my husband would often suggest lizards and snakes to tease me. I am a cat person.... and very much so miss my two cats that we had to get rid of thanks to a severe cat allergy in my oldest. He has many allergies, and though some of them (possibly including pet dander) are subsiding his younger brother seems to be following suit in the pet allergy department, so furry pets are not in my immediate future. We tried the whole fish thing, in fact we still have a beta we've had for the past 3 years or so now, but as you can imagine it quickly became the forgotten pet by the kids, and one more thing for me to have to take care of... oh joy.

Recently we had the misfortune of having a creature die in our chimney/wall. We had people come to remove it, but of course it's unreachable. We boarded up the fireplace, but had decided to get one of those scent absorbing bags from petco that I read good reviews on to throw in there and see if that would help further for the smell. Petco of course was no longer carrying them.... but while there we saw the frogs and again DH said "how about a frog?". Unlike other time I thought... maybe! I saw the cobalt arrow frogs (well one, they mislabeled a bunch of citronella frogs) and decided THAT was the one for me! We asked the pet store employee a bunch of basic questions about frog keeping and as you already know she led us to believe it would be EASY PEASY, and super simple. She also told us about a sale they were having a couple of days later where their reptiles (I guess they don't know frogs are amphibians even though my husband kept trying to tease them about it) were half off as well as discounts on much of the gear. So we went home, thought about it, and headed back the morning the sales began to get our frog! Again we asked another employee there to help us get set up and of course we received HORRIBLE advice and ended up with all the wrong stuff.

I got the frog home, and set everything up quickly they had suggested and put her in. Lucky for us, she's quite resilient and did ok, despite the bad advice. I quickly realized things weren't right though and began to research which is when I found this site. Since then I have tried to at least fix what I could of our situation for now, and hope to someday make things even better for Xena... that's what I am going to call her despite the boys and my husband's protests since I am the one caring for her lol. I have come to really enjoy owning a frog so far, despite all the things I WASN'T prepared for like bug culturing (definitely not my favorite) and hope I can keep her healthy and happy for a long time and maybe some day add to my collection even.... maybe lol. She is such a beautiful animal, and though she isn't furry and I can't hold her I do enjoy watching her and the kids think she's pretty cool too. Dh still wants a lizard...

Anyway, I enjoy this site, and totally appreciate all the help and patience I have been given, and hope to someday be experienced enough to help others as much as I have been helped. And that's my story.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: My Intro.... a lot late lol

good to meet you. i am very new here, too.
    1.0.0 Husband
    0.2.0 Chinese Crested Powder Puff dogs
    2.1.0 American Hairless Terrier dogs
    1.0.0 horses
    2.0.0 Eastern Gray Treefrogs
    1.1.0 Dendrobates Tinctorius Azureus
    2.3.0 rosy boas

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default My Intro.... a lot late lol

Hey Alicia! I think I know you... Hmm the store... Nope that's not it.... Hmmm

Welcome to the best frog community on the interwebs!
    1.1.0 - Oophaga Pumilio 'Blue Jeans' (2014 Nicaragua Import)
    1.1.0 - Oophaga Pumilio 'Chirique Grande' F1
    1.1.0 - D. Tinctorius 'Citronella'
    1.2.0 - D. Tinctorius 'Azureus'
    0.0.2 - D. Tinctorius 'Sipaliwini'
    0.0.2 - D. Tinctorius 'New River'
    0.0.4 - D. Tinctorius 'Leucomelas'
    0.0.4 - Terribilis 'Mint'
    1.1.0 - R. Ventrimaculatus 'French Guiana'

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hashtagfrogs
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgC...sEZiZQoT8sOuuw

Thread Information