Thread: New to pacman.

PacmanGump

Default New to pacman.

I Recently Got A PacmaN Frog And I'm New To frogs. I was wondering is a heating pad/uv light necessary? Or is the sun enough?
    And is It okay to buy crickets and leave them in the cage with the frog or do I need to watch him it,Name:  1407906210310.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  71.4 KB Name:  1407906210310.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  71.4 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New to pacman.

Hello and welcome to FF! Please read this care article about your frog: Frog Forum - Pacman and Horned Frogs - Ceratophrys - Care and Breeding.

Pacman frogs need 82-84F day temps with a couple degree temp drop at night. Your frog looks like an "albino" so can't use daylight type bulbs. Best way to heat it's tank is to get a light dome with built in dimmer (Fluker's and others make them) and a 60W Ceramic Heat Emitter. You then cover whole screen top with aluminum foil; use a sharpie to mark around the light fixture; and use scissors to cut the hole for light out in aluminum foil. That will help keep heat and humidity in. A digital combo gauge will help monitor the temperature and humidity.

Humidity should be 70-80%. The shredded coco should be mixed with dechlorinated tap until it clumps in fist without dripping water out. Then you maintain that slight dampness by misting (either distilled or dechlorinated tap) twice a day. If humidity is over 80%; then start making hole in aluminum foil perimeter wider by around 1/2 in. at a time until it sets between 70-80%.

The frog water dish should be cleaned and changed daily with dechlorinated tap (Seachem Prime or ExoTerra Aquatize). Poop should be removed as found and substrate replaced with new once a month.

Crickets should be same or smaller than distance between frog's eyes. Gut load them with carrots, lettuce and cherios 24-48 hours before feeding frog. Feed either in evening or early morning and remove any uneaten crickets within couple hours or in morning if feeding at night. Recommend get not dyed night crawlers (Walmart or local bait shop) and make those the frogs staple food. Will need to use supplements; more on that in here: http://www.frogforum.net/food-feeder...schedules.html .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information