Excellent Thank you Joshua! I plan on putting my group through a winter cycle this year. I will follow this guide and let you know who it turns out for me.

I have also been wondering if the current tank is setup correctly or should be modified some. It is a Paludarium and has an open water feature in the front right corner of the tank. The rest is pretty standard. It is heavily planted and has a piece of driftwood that runs at an angle across the land section (under this wood is where all the mantella have dug out homes in the moss).

I have considered removing the wood and forcing them to use more of the tank to find a home, but if it is working for them I don't want to upset the tank.

I have also considered converting the tank to a traditional false bottom and eliminating the water feature all together, but my hesitation comes in from not wanting to take the whole tank apart... It is growing quite nicely.

So for now in my waffling I have all but decided to leave the tank as is for now and see how the breeding goes next year. May end of needing to change things just to make it easier to find spawn.