Thread: Sprite!!!!

pacman361

Default Sprite!!!!

what do yall think
    could you also tell me how to tell sex plz, and if you see somthing rong tell me
    temps are at 82 day and 76 night. 12h day nght and humid at 85-90
    Attached Images Attached Images       

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Danielle01

Default Re: Sprite!!!!

Nice looking pacman frog that is the kind of pacman frog I want next. As far as gender goes you can either wait until you hear the pacman frog croak or if you carefully pick him or her up and check the hands should be on the thumb you might see a pad it's called a nuptial pad and if the frog has one then you have a male but if you rather not pick him or her up to get the pacman to call you can always play a YouTube video of pacman frogs croaking that's how I got mine to croak.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Sprite!!!!

You have an adorable Ceratophrys cranwelli albino .

See if you can keep that nighttime temp up around 78-80'F until he reaches about 3". This helps them metabolize their food well.

Try for humidity at 80%. Higher can cause respiratory infections.

Great set-up! Looks perfect.

Congrats!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

Nice looking juvenile, congrats . Recommend read this article: Frog Forum - Pacman and Horned Frogs - Ceratophrys - Care and Breeding. Do not use any daylight type bulb with an albino. Also, do bring humidity down to 70-80%. Shredded coco substrate should be mixed with dechlorinated tap until it clumps in fist without letting water drip out. Good luck!
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

7. This member thanks Mentat for this post:

pacman361

I keep the substrate like you say, clumpy but not dripping. But the humidity is still real high. When humidity gets to correct percent, the substrate is dry and not clumpy. We live in south Texas and the humidity is always higher than 50%. I keep the gauge for the humidity/ temperature close to the substrate in the back of tank. Any ideas on how I can lower the humidity and keep substrate to ideal consistency?

Nationality
    [United States]

First you need to ensure the hygrometer sensor is not wet and giving false readings, as they are prone to do. If another hygrometer is available recommend compare the two, and make sure both read the same. If OK, then you need to increase ventilation to bring humidity down .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information