Thank you to everyone taking the time to read this post. I appreciate it so much. I am a new member as of less than an hour ago, mostly for the purpose of trying to save my frog, dramatic as it sounds. Yes you may roll your eyes. I am sitting here worried in the AM because my fire bellied toad has been acting in what I greatly believe is a critical condition, and I just need a more experienced frog.owner's advice. I'll start listing all symptoms and observations I have, leaving nothing out. Please respond as soon as you possibly can, i will literally be waiting outside the pets store until it opens. Basically.
1) Irish, (my fire bellied toad) hardly ever opens his eyes. This has been going on for 5 days now. When he does open his eyes, it's slightly, in a groggy looking fashion. Even then, one eye is closed while the other is partially sorta kinda open. There is no life in his eyes. Also, some kind of opaque white sub st ance covers the bottom half of his eyes. It looks like skin possibly but he isn't shedding so...
2) So much sleeping lately. I would even call it hibernation. He doesnt move around any more. He just sleeps. If he moves, its to get into a better sleeping position. That or he is just remaining still. Either way, there isn't much movemement occuring. Sometimes, he sinks to the bottom and lays there flat with hos eyes shut. It freaks me out.
3) Doesn't put up a fight any more when i want to hold him.
4) Doesn't eat. I usually give him meal worms every other night, but for 4-5 nights he hasn't eaten a thing, even when i stick the thing right on his mouth. He won't even open his mouth.
5) Hind legs are all out of sorts... Bending in strange ways... Sometimes, actually, more often than not, he just keeps hos hond legs open and doesnt move them... Like they're paralyzed.
6) I don't remember his fingers being bent and curved but all of a sudden they are? Is this normal or is this also an odd symptom?

Thank you all SO much for taking the time to read all of this. Any response at all will be more than appreciated.
P.s. I apologize for any typos, it's 3 a.m.