Thread: So I have acquired tadpoles

Nationality
    [United States]

Default So I have acquired tadpoles

Well..I have tadpoles..three of them.

Soo a while back my two successfully mated for the first time in the 2 years that I had them. To be honest Merce was always not responsive to Monster trying with her, so I was beginning to think she was actually a male. Lol..nope..next morning I had a tank full of eggs!! When I asked one of my friends about what to do with them, she told me to leave them alone that the frogs would eat them and all would be well.

Three days later, I have a tank full of tads. I asked my friend again, got the same answer "They will eat them."

Well a majority of them have been eaten and now I'm currently dealing with 3 tads that are monstrous in size and are growing legs. I don't mind keeping the three I just honestly don't know how to take care of them. I do have bloodworms but they will not eat from tongs and I don't know if they are actually eating them when I do just drop them in. I'm assuming so..because I mean they have to be eating something as for the first several weeks I was just leaving them alone.

Monster and Merce don't seem interested in them at all..they don't even snap at them anymore..which comes as a shock to me considering the both of them have successfully gulped down monstrous earth worms.

But anyway, before I'm judged for this..I was not tryingto breed my two. In all honesty I didn't know what eggs look like and did not notice them until 3 days before hatching period and didn't expect the tads to survive my aggressive eaters.

But now that I have the three I'm taking full responsibility in caring for them and..just need to know what to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Monster and Mercy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information