Thread: ADF gross water

Ruthless

Default ADF gross water

So I'm a new owner to ADF's. I recently got 3 on Weds. Yesterday their water got a bit gross and I'm guessing it was from when I dipped a container in their tank to get some water to thaw out their frozen blood worms. I talked to a worker at a pet shop and she claims its the same thing I'm thinking. She suggested a 25% water change. I did about a 35% water change due to I'm not used to the vacuum and all that. Anyways its still gross looking. I've read online I should just let it cycle and continue doing 25% weekly changes. Is that what you all would suggest? I dont want to over clean or under clean and I just want these little guys to have a amazing home.
    thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: ADF gross water

It would be a lot easier to help you out if you go thru this questionnaire and fill it out best you can:

1. Tank Size and volume of water in it (full, 1/2 filled, etc.)?

2. Number of inhabitants including all frogs and any fish?

3. Water source and any conditioner treatments?

4. Water Temperature and how is it heated (if so)?

5. Water chemistry levels: pH; Ammonia (NH3); Nitrites (NO2); Nitrates (NO3)? Note that if you do not have test kits, most aquariums/pet shops will do complimentary tests if you take a clean water sample.

6. Describe any filter system including model and media?[/COLOR]

7. Substrate type?

8. Tank set-up (plants (live or artificial), driftwood, hide outs and other decor? - How were things prepared prior to being put into the tank?

9. Main frog staple food and any treats? How often you feed?

10. CA, vitamins, and any other additives used (how often)?

11. Lighting set-up and hours it's used?

12. When is the last time frog ate?

13. Have you found poop lately?

14. A picture would be helpful including frog and tank (any including cell phone pics are fine).

15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes; to include it's ventral/belly area.

16. How old is the frog?

17. How long have you owned him/her?

18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred?

19. Any medications in the water (treatment doses and for how long)?

20. Any salt in water (how much)?

21. Is the tank kept in a high or low traffic area?

22. Describe tank maintenance to include water changes, cleaning, media changes, etc.).

Ruthless

1. Tank Size and volume of water in it (full, 1/2 filled, etc.)? 5.0 Gallon tank.. almost full maybe 4.5 gallons of water

2. Number of inhabitants including all frogs and any fish? Just 3 ADF no fishies.

3. Water source and any conditioner treatments? Tap water treated with Topfin water conditoner

4. Water Temperature and how is it heated (if so)? My tank stays @ 75-80 with no heater.. figured if I noticed the tank temp drop lower I would get a heater.

5. Water chemistry levels: pH; Ammonia (NH3); Nitrites (NO2); Nitrates (NO3)? Note that if you do not have test kits, most aquariums/pet shops will do complimentary tests if you take a clean water sample. - I did one yesterday and honestly cant remember but I do know the OH was 7.5

6. Describe any filter system including model and media?[/COLOR] I have the Aqueon Mini Bow 5g tank with the Mini Bow filter

7. Substrate type? Gravel.. black with some colorful gravel.. Petco brand

8. Tank set-up (plants (live or artificial), driftwood, hide outs and other decor? - How were things prepared prior to being put into the tank? - Decor consists of a few silk plants and one house (squidwards house from SpongeBob)

9. Main frog staple food and any treats? How often you feed? I've only had them for 3 days. I tried feeding them yesterday they didn't eat much. Was planning on trying again today but so far they havent come out of their little hiding spot in the house much.

10. CA, vitamins, and any other additives used (how often)? none

11. Lighting set-up and hours it's used? The lighting is a 15watt bulb.. I turn it on from around 9-10 am till about 8-9pm

12. When is the last time frog ate? Some food yesterday.. before that not sure since I just got them all weds night

13. Have you found poop lately? no

14. A picture would be helpful including frog and tank (any including cell phone pics are fine).

15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes; to include it's ventral/belly area. - none. the first day they were pretty active. yesterday they discovered the house and have been hiding in there a lot

16. How old is the frog? Not sure.. bought them at Petco

17. How long have you owned him/her? 3 days

18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred? Im guessing captive..

19. Any medications in the water (treatment doses and for how long)? nope

20. Any salt in water (how much)? nope

21. Is the tank kept in a high or low traffic area? med traffic

22. Describe tank maintenance to include water changes, cleaning, media changes, etc.) - I set the tank up weds.. then today due to the off water color I did about a 30-35% change

Nationality
    [United States]

Can you describe "gross"? Is there a film on top of the water? Is the water cloudy, etc....?

Thread Information