Thread: Alvarius Feeding?

Default Alvarius Feeding?

Dear Ones,
    How often do you feed your Colorados?

Mine are close to being adults now and they are not eating like crazy as they used to and one can read on the internet.

They eat roughly 20 locusts a week altogether, one toad more, one toad less. My big girl ellie is def. the eating machine.
    They also get some self breed arg. cockroaches occasionally a month and 2 packs (100gr) of zophopa worms (superworms) per month. Crickets are too fast and small for them I found. I remove the jump legs of the locusts to avoid that they jump away, but they are clever and do not move a lot, once they check there are toads

The worms do move but are also still kinda small, so the toadies have difficulties to hit them right, so I use a little petri dish plate to offer them.

I add to all feedings mineral/vitamin powder, special designed amphib stuff.

I do feed in smaller bits every 3-4 days.

Any suggestions?

Here are some actual pix, they look very healthy and are lazy guys, sunbathing the day and bathing/digging at night. But not like super active. They just enjoy the moment a lot.

Thanks, love,
    olli

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Alvarius Feeding?

Myself would stop feeding the superworms and try a locally available not dyed earthworm (not red wrigglers). Do you have European night crawlers available? Our most economic sources in USA are bait shops and Walmart .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Well they love the worms and other german keepers recommended them. If you don not too much guess its ok, they are high in fat content.

I have to push that thing up, since I am really wondering about feeding my Toads.
    They have enough heat during the day. Under the spots up to 34Degrees Celsius and everywhere else between 26-28Degrees Celsius. (at night 22Degrees Celsius)
    So its not too cold.

They eat even less now. But are still really "fat", especially Ellie, the girl and Gonzo, one (the smaller) male.

How big are yours? I really don't want to get them into danger due to too much fat. So what can I do? Stop feeding at all for a some time to "thin them out".

I mean Ellie seems to be overweight, really.

Still its so strange that I do not feed that much, seem at night they walk out to a supermarket or something

Thanks a lot and much love,
    Oliver

Thread Information