Thread: Setups for multiple pacman (or other) frogs?

parathalyn

Default Setups for multiple pacman (or other) frogs?

My horned frog collection is steadily growing, and I'm looking for a better solution for "organizing" my frogs. Right now, it is quite hodge podge. The largest frog is in a 10 gallon aquarium. Another is in a 5.5 gallon. The other two are in small, clear totes with ventilation holes...but the little guys are quickly outgrowing their homes.

How is everyone else housing their multiple pacman frogs? Feel free to post pictures!

Anyone have any suggestions for stackable pacman setups or other ways to house multiple frogs on a limited table surface?

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Setups for multiple pacman (or other) frogs?

Those who have massive amounts have tub racks, professionally made, similar to snake racks.
    Otherwise depending what do you want and have funds/space for. I keep all mine in a display tanks ( exo terra) in a metal shelving from costco, these are perfect for 18" deep tanks, But for 12" deep tanks walmart sells similar metal shelving for 34$? ( i think), it is smaller and can support way less weight though. When you have lots of frogs it is nice to organize them, but when you have them as a pets you wanna see them, that is my approach.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

What Lija said ^^^ ! These are one well know makers of systems used for Pacmans by some breeders: http://visionproducts.us/vp12wp/.
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

parathalyn

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    What Lija said ^^^ ! These are one well know makers of systems used for Pacmans by some breeders: Vision Products.
    Thanks Carlos! I'll check them out!

parathalyn

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    Those who have massive amounts have tub racks, professionally made, similar to snake racks.
    Otherwise depending what do you want and have funds/space for. I keep all mine in a display tanks ( exo terra) in a metal shelving from costco, these are perfect for 18" deep tanks, But for 12" deep tanks walmart sells similar metal shelving for 34$? ( i think), it is smaller and can support way less weight though. When you have lots of frogs it is nice to organize them, but when you have them as a pets you wanna see them, that is my approach.
    Yeah, that is kinda my dilemma, Lija. I now have 4 frogs, but only my first pacman (a green cranwelli) is in a display setup. Even that is just a regular 10 gallon tank. But, it takes up half of the table space near my desk and leaves little room for the others. Hence, why the two little guys are just in clear shoe box totes. They seem happy, but I don't get to see them. The new guy is in a 5.5 gallon in another room, so I don't even see him. The tub racks would make sense to keep them organized, make the most of the little room I have in my office, and give me space to expand my horned frog collection. But, I wouldn't be able to see them. So, I might look into setting up a rack of tanks. Thanks Lija!

Thread Information