Hello all, I'm new here and pretty new to frogs.

Right now I have 4 juvenile ACF in a 10 gallon tank with a small bio wheel hob filter and a sponge filter. I just picked up a 55L and it's sitting in my living room waiting to be setup. I have a Aqua-tec 30-60 hob and a Fluval 306, lid, stand, but no heater. My plan is to use playsand as substrate with some of the river rock from their current tank. I will also move the plants to the new tank and maybe add a few new ones. I also plan to move the sponge filter with the frogs to help prevent cycling.

My questions are should I continue to use my well water? The water is pretty good quality but we do have rust stains so I worry about iron content, I understand it can be toxic to frogs. If it's ok to use my well water is softened or unsoftened better? I can get filtered city water but it's obviously a little more difficult. I'm willing to do whatever is best for the ACFs.

Second question, is just for any advice on making the switch as low stress as possible for them. I've heard it's not good to net them so I plan to trap them in a small container for the actual transition. Any help on setting up the new tank and making it easier on the little guys would be great.

Thanks in advance!