Thread: Is blue light visible?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Is blue light visible?

Went to go turn on Le Bud's red light since I put on air conditioning tonight. Unfortunately, the bulb is out. I have a 50 watt blue light bulb.. will this light be visible to him? Want to keep him toasty, but don't want to mess with his clock. Usually keep the a/c off and windows open.. Naturally the one night I decide otherwise, his light is out!

Since I'm on the topic.. if his temp is good, does he need the light during the day? My first summer with my pac man frog, so I'm still playing around finding what works. Without any lights his temp is 81-85 during the day, with very little light from the windows. With the light he is around 88-91 degrees, which I know is kind of warm.

What effects might a large drop in day/evening temps have? I know it's supposed to be a few degrees, but often tends to be closer to 10 degrees cooler at night.. depends if I have the a/c on or not. He hasn't seemed to mind so far. Eating like crazy and nice, healthy, stinky bm's atleast once a week.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Is blue light visible?

88-91 are on a extreme side, you dont want to cook the frog

blue light is visible to a frog, but you don't need to heat your tank if you say you have it at 82-85 without anything.
    Yes he needs some light, but dim light is ok, if you feel his ambient room light is not enough you can use regular energy saving lamp( i use 13w) it doesnt add any heat.

Large swings in temps are dangerous.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Is blue light visible?

If it's a clear blue daylight it's not good for night time use and can't be used with an albino at all. If black moonlight bulb you can use same as red. Pacmans should have 82F for babies and 82-84F for adults. 91F is way above that and lights should not be on at all. Maybe you can get a hygrotherm and connect your heat lamps to it. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

Thanks! I've been going back and forth trying to figure out. I thought he needed more than a little bit of light. I'm thinking he'll be good with no lights, day or night.

Thread Information