Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pics of my Red-Eyed Leaf Frog's

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Pics of my Red-Eyed Leaf Frog's

Yay thanks Amy! I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that is what this place is for! I tried to give you rep for this post, but alas I have given you some recently so the system thwarts my attempt to reward good people.

I will add that I have my 5 reds in a 24x18x24 and it isn't tall enough either :/ once you add substrate in you really end up with an 18" high or so.

I am quietly converting my 40b vertical conversion tank into a new Red Eye tank. a 40b converted to a vertical tank is 16" wide x 18" Deep x 36" tall. Lots and lots of height for them to explore. The best part is I picked the 40b up for $40 at Petco's 1$ per gallon sale they do 2 or 3 times a year

Converting them is easy. I did a video walk through of how i did it, I would be happy to share some hings I wished I had done differently with you if you do decide to go that route as well.

Other than that I think a 36" tall Exo is the way to go. Maybe a 24X18X36.. That would be plenty big for 3 - 6 frogs. I am going to house all 5 of mine in the 40b. I will start a thread on it once I have the build done might send ya a sneak peak picture in a PM if you want.

Paul
    1.1.0 - Oophaga Pumilio 'Blue Jeans' (2014 Nicaragua Import)
    1.1.0 - Oophaga Pumilio 'Chirique Grande' F1
    1.1.0 - D. Tinctorius 'Citronella'
    1.2.0 - D. Tinctorius 'Azureus'
    0.0.2 - D. Tinctorius 'Sipaliwini'
    0.0.2 - D. Tinctorius 'New River'
    0.0.4 - D. Tinctorius 'Leucomelas'
    0.0.4 - Terribilis 'Mint'
    1.1.0 - R. Ventrimaculatus 'French Guiana'

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hashtagfrogs
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgC...sEZiZQoT8sOuuw

2. This member thanks DigitalPunk for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

My concern with a big conversion is that I'm not exactly a handyman haha. My silicone work tends to be a bit sloppy as I get really impatient. I think that I have to start off by trying to convert my 10g hospital/qt tank and see if I can go from there.

I have considered the 24x18x36, but it's kind of a matter of space also. I look at the height of the tanks I have (35gal hex is 24 inches tall) and I don't think I could fit anything taller right now. I figured the 24" tall would be sufficient for 3 until I have a bigger space, especially considering it would only last about a year before I was bored and needed a new build anyway. I was offered another 35g hex, but honestly, I can't stand not being able to REACH into the bottom easily. That's why I ended up putting a permanent water area in the grey tank that is filtered and I can siphon out instead of trying to reach a water bowl. I am giving it a few days before I decide. I'm the type that mulls things over for months before I can actually do it. It's just hard to resist a good sale.

ETA I apparently only try to give rep to the same people LOL I'm always told I need to spread it around more.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Nationality
    [United States]

Oh I agree that space is always the limiting factor and the price is an excellent one fore the 24x18x24. My Reds love it, but I don't lol. The front access is a must for a tall tank for sure!

I said ti before and I will say it again. I blame society as a whole for me not being able to give you rep. If more people were helpful I could give more rep out lol.

edit: My silicon work is sloppy too - shhh don't tell anyone lol. It isn't hard to convert them. The 10g are way easier to convert for sure though lol.
    1.1.0 - Oophaga Pumilio 'Blue Jeans' (2014 Nicaragua Import)
    1.1.0 - Oophaga Pumilio 'Chirique Grande' F1
    1.1.0 - D. Tinctorius 'Citronella'
    1.2.0 - D. Tinctorius 'Azureus'
    0.0.2 - D. Tinctorius 'Sipaliwini'
    0.0.2 - D. Tinctorius 'New River'
    0.0.4 - D. Tinctorius 'Leucomelas'
    0.0.4 - Terribilis 'Mint'
    1.1.0 - R. Ventrimaculatus 'French Guiana'

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hashtagfrogs
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgC...sEZiZQoT8sOuuw

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

A couple more that I took the time to crop and sign finally, and then I'm done hoarding the board with my pics for a while.

Tarrazu peeking from under his orchid to see if it's feeding time

Name:  IMG_0785.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  68.4 KB

It is! He's ready to eat!

Name:  IMG_0790.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  80.5 KB

Fortuna is debating whether or not to wake back up and eat more

Name:  IMG_0786.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  54.9 KB

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Pics of my Red-Eyed Leaf Frog's

They look great! So cute!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Thanks, Heather! Tarrazu is so funny, he will dive at the crickets as I dump them from the dusting bag into the bowl. Fortuna is still a little less comfortable, which surprises me because she was the bold one at first. She tends to hide away more and usually closes her eyes and tucks in as soon as she sees me. I think she/he sees me as more of a threat where Tarrazu sees me as a food source.

Nationality
    [United States]

Lol! They definitely have their own personalities . I have 5. To this day Cassandra only likes my husband. She actually turns away from me. I guess she doesn't remember I saved her life . Feisty. She is named after the old Queen Cassandra... Feisty and ruling, ha ha. She's so pretty though. I love her anyway. Lucky is very outgoing. He'll actually chirp back and you if you making clicking sounds. He's our people-watcher. He seems to be intrigued by us humans. Callie and Serena are mor laid back and somewhat shy. They don't mind me in the tank, but they tend to just sit there and look at me. Hector is outgoing also. He's like the guardian of the tank.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

11. This member thanks Heatheranne for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I saw!! Thank you I love the FF FB page and all the great photos you guys share.

I never imagined they would have such big personalities. I will have to try clicking at Tarrazu and see what he does. Atlas, my grey, responds to my kids "chirping" at him, so it would be fun if we could get Tarrazu to respond also!

Nationality
    [United States]

I bet you can . May take some time to get comfy with their adopted human Mom, but it's likely.

I talk all silly stupid to mine, lol . I'm not sure if they're responding back or just yelling at me to stop. Ha ha!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Tarrazu was sporting a nice caladium patterned camo this evening

Name:  IMG_0003.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  85.3 KB

Jury is still out on whether Fortuna is a male or female, (s)he is now 2.5 inches when I measured tonight. Lots of growing in the last month. Tarrazu is up to 2 1/4 inches but he was 2 inches a month ago, Fortuna was also 2 inches a month ago and has passed him up by 1/4 inch now! Fortuna was 1.25 inches when I got them, so (s)he has doubled in size since June. Tarrazu was 1.75 inches when I got him, so he has grown a half inch.

Nationality
    [United States]

How quickly they grow up .

Quote Originally Posted by LilyPad View Post
    My concern with a big conversion is that I'm not exactly a handyman haha. My silicone work tends to be a bit sloppy as I get really impatient. I think that I have to start off by trying to convert my 10g hospital/qt tank and see if I can go from there.

I have considered the 24x18x36, but it's kind of a matter of space also. I look at the height of the tanks I have (35gal hex is 24 inches tall) and I don't think I could fit anything taller right now. I figured the 24" tall would be sufficient for 3 until I have a bigger space, especially considering it would only last about a year before I was bored and needed a new build anyway. I was offered another 35g hex, but honestly, I can't stand not being able to REACH into the bottom easily. That's why I ended up putting a permanent water area in the grey tank that is filtered and I can siphon out instead of trying to reach a water bowl. I am giving it a few days before I decide. I'm the type that mulls things over for months before I can actually do it. It's just hard to resist a good sale.

ETA I apparently only try to give rep to the same people LOL I'm always told I need to spread it around more.
    Amy,

I was at the Sacramento Reptile Show over the weekend and there was a vendor there that had all the sizes of Exo Terra enclosures. No one in my town sells the larger sizes one and I was able to see in person the 24x18x36 and the 36x18x36. I've got to say they are something to see when they are right in front of you. I was particularly enthralled by the 24x18x36. It would be perfect for tree frogs like Red-Eyes.

There weren't very many dart frogs there but I managed to buy 2 Red-Eye tree frog tadpoles. They are going to give me a chance to experience the tadpole growth process of Red-eyes. I am now going to set my sights on one of those larger Exo Terras.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Good luck with your new babies, Happy Frog I really have enjoyed my red eyes. I do love the 24x18x36, but space is an issue. I did purchase the 24x18x24 after measuring my shelving. just waiting on it to ship as the first one was broken when it arrived. it was $159USD total, which isn't bad at all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information