Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Busted wing

Kurt

Default Busted wing

This afternoon I had an accident with a chainsaw and split open the back of my right hand. I was lucky that I did not hit any nerves or tendons. I do, however, have 12 stitches and my right hand is out of commission for now. So I am typing with my left hand only, that its going very tough keeping up with all your posts, but will try to. So please do me a favor and only PM (or any kind of message) me if its absolutely necessary.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Busted wing

Oh my gosh. That's horrible. I hope you have a speedy recovery, and quickly return to chatting.

Ouch. Best of luck with a speedy recovery .

Tropicok

Jeez, Kurt, I just went through this with my colleague at the zoo. He was making a bread box, of all things, and the guide slipped. Get well quick, take your antibiotics faithfully and keep those hand muscles moving.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

!!!! Ouch! I wish you a fast recovery. (No pressure to reply. )

Kurt

Thanks everyone. The novacane is starting to wear off and now I am extremely sore. Never realized how much I use my right hand before, but now I do. I can't take care of the animals without it, at least not tonight, will try to figure out how tomorrow.

bshmerlie

30 years ago I got my right hand cuaght in a circular saw (skill saw). After several operations and years later I have no long term effects and I still have all my fingers. Just always think how lucky you are and how worse it could had been. I wish you a speedy recovery. Keep it clean and away from any moisture. I tried the vitamin E thing to help reduce scars but it didn't really do anything for me so my hand is pretty scared but no big deal. Like I said I've got all my fingers and they're all the right length. The hardest part is using the restroom with your other hand for a couple of months.

ngriffin2009

Wow that sucks! Get better soon!

Nationality
    [New Zealand]

Oh my gosh Kurt , How painful. Have you got someone to come and look after you and your frogs?
    Make sure you've got plenty of pain meds for the long weekend. Im guessing you have Queens birthday week end to. You poor thing. Take care.

Jace

Glad to hear your okay, Kurt. Being right handed myself and two weeks past surgery on my right wrist, I know how you feel. Now to get to the real trick...finding a cute nurse who can take care of you and your animals in her uniform... Take care.

Skulldroog

Damn that sucks. I hope you're not in too much pain and the recovery is speedy.

Nationality
    [United States]

Sorry, but I laughed aloud. I had a close call with a 24 inch Stihl with a full chisel chain over the weekend. Missed the meat, but cut the metatarsal plate right off my boot.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Also, whiskey fixes everything...
    Watching FrogTV because it is better when someone else has to maintain the enclosure!

Nationality
    [New Zealand]

Yea, but dont tip it over the wound like they do in the movies. It will sting..oooh.

Paul Rust

Hope everything heals up with no ill effects Kurt. You know there are easier ways to get out of giving a lecture.
    Get Well Soon

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    30 years ago I got my right hand cuaght in a circular saw (skill saw). After several operations and years later I have no long term effects and I still have all my fingers. Just always think how lucky you are and how worse it could had been. I wish you a speedy recovery. Keep it clean and away from any moisture. I tried the vitamin E thing to help reduce scars but it didn't really do anything for me so my hand is pretty scared but no big deal. Like I said I've got all my fingers and they're all the right length. The hardest part is using the restroom with your other hand for a couple of months.

Yeah it could've been worse, I could've taken at hand off or even just hit the bone, tendon, or major nerve. Thanks.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
    Oh my gosh Kurt , How painful. Have you got someone to come and look after you and your frogs?
    Make sure you've got plenty of pain meds for the long weekend. Im guessing you have Queens birthday week end to. You poor thing. Take care.
    No, no one to help with the animals. Tomorrow I will try to work with them, fedd them, etc.

There is no Queen's Birthday observation in the US, as we have not been a part of the Empire for over 200 years.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Glad to hear your okay, Kurt. Being right handed myself and two weeks past surgery on my right wrist, I know how you feel. Now to get to the real trick...finding a cute nurse who can take care of you and your animals in her uniform... Take care.
    Well, that's not going to happen. The nurse that bandaged me up, after the doctor, was done was a dude!

Thanks.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by NW Amphibian Rescue View Post
    Hope everything heals up with no ill effects Kurt. You know there are easier ways to get out of giving a lecture.
    Get Well Soon
    Actually I was trying to get out of yard work. Admitedly, I took it too far, but at least I won't have to do any yard work for at least 2 weeks.

Kurt, I'm so disappointed. I need someone to chat with!

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by SludgeMunkey View Post
    Sorry, but I laughed aloud. I had a close call with a 24 inch Stihl with a full chisel chain over the weekend. Missed the meat, but cut the metatarsal plate right off my boot.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Also, whiskey fixes everything...
    Except for cirrhosis of the liver.

Thanks, everyone for tehe well wishes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information