Thread: RETF's in Amplex

Andry

Default RETF's in Amplex

Wow! I had envisioned in the future trying to make my second tank into a rain chamber, and I was just being told by some forum members that I wasn't keeping my tank humid enough for my frogs (40-50%), so the least to expect was this that I found this morning:

Okay, this is Big Mamma that I just purchased 13 days ago!! Not even two weeks ago. Not to mention, my first two Red-Eyed Leaf Frog's I purchased 26 days ago! Plus, I'm new to frogs all together. I was jumping up and down like a little kid in excitement. Or is this normal for all Red-Eyed Leaf Frog owners and it does not mean I will have baby Red-Eyed Leaf Frog's and I shouldn't be all that excited???

Big Mamma has been big ever since I purchased her, but last night her belly looked especially big...I even took a picture of her which I normally don't. Here it is:

Then this morning:

I didn't get that great of pictures because I didn't want to bother them. I even turned off their light which I usually leave on during the day (12 hr photo period). I just opened the windows and left. BTW, it is gloomy and rainy outside. They can't sense that though, can they?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Andry

Default Re: RETF's in Amplex

Well, my son just called and said they have now separated. So, I guess the love didn't last long. Should I hurry and make the rain chamber and put them in since they are in the mood?

On a side note: I'm sure you are all probably wondering what they are doing in the tank together if I just got them and 2 weeks apart from each other. I am new to owning frogs and am learning. I didn't understand all the hype about quarantine, although after much more reading I get it now and I know what to do now. Although, I felt it pointless to pull them out to quarantine if they had already spent a week together in the tank.
    Last edited by Andry; June 3rd, 2010 at 11:49 AM.

Thread Information