Thread: Frog Identification Issues. First time trying to do this any help is appreciated! Picture below.

ryanrisleyy

Default Frog Identification Issues. First time trying to do this any help is appreciated! Picture below.

Name:  First pet Frog..jpg
Views: 63
Size:  15.8 KB

I got the best picture I could. I need advice on what environment is best for the frog and most importantly, the species of frog! I want to do some research once I find the family the frog is in. Thank you again!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Frog Identification Issues. First time trying to do this any help is appreciated! Picture below.

It is a toad. I have mine in a ten gallon with a small water dish up to his elbows. A live plant just for looks and a cork round and plastic plant for hiding places. Feed crickets that are no bigger than the space between his eyes and change the water daily. Dust the insects with a calcium and vitamin d powder every other feeding and with a multi vitamin powder once a week. Look at the belly. Is it mottled? Look at the big bumps on his shoulders. You can see a small crest between it and his eyes. Are the bumps touching the crests?

The Frog chooses its owner. Treat your life-long friend with respect and care and it will never disappoint!

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

Default Re: Frog Identification Issues. First time trying to do this any help is appreciated! Picture below.

Basic toad care sheet: Frog Forum - Toad Basics - Keeping ground-dwelling Toads. A care sheet for Bufo, Anaxyrus, Spea, Scaphiopus, Ollotis, Alytes, Pelobates

Where did this toad come from? Found in the wild? If so, here's a clickable map AmphibiaWeb: World Map Search that will lead to a list of amphibians in your state for you to compare with.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Frog Identification Issues. First time trying to do this any help is appreciated! Picture below.

Aww. he is cute! He looks just like my first toad when I as a little girl! Good luck with you new found baby!

Thread Information