Hi I'm new here and this is my first post, but I'm really hoping for some advice for my green tree frog, named Dr. Og, who is sick.

I have one other green tree frog and a brown anole in the encloser with him. Both of them seem fine, and they all get along together, I've never seen them fight.

I found him this morning lying on the bottom of his enclosure, looking sick, covered in dirt from the potted plant I keep in the encloser, and his legs were stiff. I immediately took him out of the enclosure and put him in a smaller container I have for them to wait in while I give the encloser a good scrub down once a week. I did this so that way he wouldn't be bothered by his other two roommates.

I checked him over for any injuries and found none. Dr. Og's face also turned a strange dark greyish color, and it seems as if his skin as sunken in around his face. He also was barely breathing. He wasn't moving, and seemed to be on death's door.

I looked for what to do on the internet to try and help him feel better, but I couldn't find anyone who's frog had the same symptoms. I did read that sitting in a shallow pool of chlorine-free water will sometimes help perk them up, and so I put a tiny bit of distilled water in his mini container that he's in. At this point I figured he can't really get any worse.

I suppose my buddy isn't ready to go yet, because sitting in the water really seemed to help. His legs aren't stiff anymore, he's breathing better, and he's even moving around a bit. His face is still that odd color though, and his skin is still sunken in. I offered him a cricket (I normally hand-feed all of my guys with no problem getting them to eat at least three crickets.) but he wouldn't take it, which is highly unusual for him.

Even though he's doing better, he's still definitely not his normal self.

I'd love to know what caused him to become so sick, and what I could do to continue helping him feel better, and what I could do to prevent it from happening again. I love this little guy and I want him and his other buddies to be as happy and healthy as possible!

I really appreciate any advice anyone can give!