Today I noticed one of my red eyes had a polyp or blister growing out of her eye. I only noticed this area today and immediately placed her in an isolation tank. I have no idea what to do for her other than to keep her in isolation. She can fully close her eye lid over the area.. most likely why I only noticed it today. I thought she was just being lazy the past two evenings and did not want to get up to hunt before I went to bed. I figured she would get up while I was asleep like she always has. I plan on getting her to at experienced vet ASAP. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be or have any advice?? My fiancé is very experienced with frogs; he has had various frogs his whole life. These two red eyes are my first frogs.
I will include pictures of the enclosure she is normally kept in & the frog below
1-size of enclosure
30 Gallons
2-# of inhabitants
2 red eye tree frogs. One definitely male. The one who is sick I believe is female but it is
difficult to be certain.
3-humidity
80%-85%
4-temp
75-77 degrees day
70-74 degrees night
5-water – type
spring water for soaking
distilled water for misting
6-materials used for substrate
coconut fiber & moss
7-enclosure set up
please see photo below – live plants, homemade waterfall
8-main food source
gut loaded crickets
9-vitamins and calcium ?
Calcium power covered crickets every 3 days
10-lighting
full spectrum bulb & a heat bulb
11-what is, specifically, being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure
timer for full spectrum bulb & heat bulb
12-when is the last time she ate
last given crickets last evening, unsure if she ate
13-have you found poop lately
yes. I can’t be sure if it was from her or the other frog
14-a pic would be great ( including the frog ) any little cell phone pic is fine
please see below
15- how old is the frog
not sure, looks very young
16-how long have you owned her
Since May 22nd
17- is the frog wild caught or captive bred
not sure, most likely captive
18- frog food
gut loaded crickets
19- about how often the frog is handled
Only the day we brought her home and earlier today to show my very curious niece &
nephew. Prior to handling her we wash our hands twice and very well with antibacterial hand
soap.
20-is the enclosure is kept in a high or low traffic area
Low to medium. Kept in the corner of our kitchen. We always eat in the dining room. If we
are in the kitchen for an extended period of time we cover the enclosure and lighting with a
blanket

Name:  IMG_0459.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  48.0 KBName:  IMG_0460.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  46.5 KBName:  IMG_0461.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  48.8 KBName:  IMG_0375.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  117.7 KB