Thread: Is it normal to see blood vessels in their front hands?

162Smolenskya

Default Is it normal to see blood vessels in their front hands?

I was looking at my frogs this morning and I noticed some redness on their front hands. This, of course, led to a minor heart attack and several phone calls to the vet to see if they were infected with Red Leg. After putting them into a clear quarantine tank I'm fairly certain they don't have Red Leg (they're super active and eating regularly), but now I don't know why their hands are red. Is it normal to see red on their hands? I've attached some pictures which kind of give you an idea, but they're not very clear. Oh, and I noticed a cloudy spot on the female's right eye (very subtle in the pic where she's looking at the camera). Does this mean she has a bacteria infection? If so, what can I do to cure it? I probably sound totally paranoid about my frogs' health but any help would be appreciated anyway! Thank so much!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Is it normal to see blood vessels in their front hands?

Welcome to the forum Its normal to be able to see their blood vessels and bones to some degree but i'm not too sure about the redness on the front hands, If your ACFs have bloodshot back legs and lower belly, then you have a problem.
    Last edited by Bombina Bob; June 6th, 2014 at 01:51 PM.
    "A Righteous man cares for his animals" - Proverbs 12:10
    1.0.0 Correlophus cilliatus
    2.1.0 Bombina orientalis
    0.1.0 Ambystoma mexicanum
    0.0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0.0 Litoria caerulea
    1.1.0 Dendrobates auratus "Nicaraguan"
    0.0.2 Dendrobates tinctorius "Azureus"

4. This member thanks Bombina Bob for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hello and welcome to FF ! Frog looks OK in pics. Eye cloudiness could be an injury (new or old) or the start of infection. Do you have any sharp decor in tank? If so, please remove it. You can get a bottle of Melafix in fish area of Pet Shop and treat tank daily for a week according to directions. Then update frog condition. If it worsen during treatment, let us know too.

Can you please describe your aquarium (filtered, not, how) and water (what type) change schedule? Thank you !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by 162Smolenskya View Post
    I was looking at my frogs this morning and I noticed some redness on their front hands. This, of course, led to a minor heart attack and several phone calls to the vet to see if they were infected with Red Leg. After putting them into a clear quarantine tank I'm fairly certain they don't have Red Leg (they're super active and eating regularly), but now I don't know why their hands are red. Is it normal to see red on their hands? I've attached some pictures which kind of give you an idea, but they're not very clear. Oh, and I noticed a cloudy spot on the female's right eye (very subtle in the pic where she's looking at the camera). Does this mean she has a bacteria infection? If so, what can I do to cure it? I probably sound totally paranoid about my frogs' health but any help would be appreciated anyway! Thank so much!
    Completely normal, not so visiable when they're adults. On albino frogs you can quite easily see their veins however even as adults.

Thread Information