Thread: LLL Reptile???

BArnold

Default LLL Reptile???

Hi everyone, I am writing this because I am concerned about my order that I recently received from LLL reptile. I ordered two leutino red eyed tree frogs and one albino. First, one of the leutinos arrived dead. Then the albino was pushing against the container it came in trying to get out. As soon as I opened it it jumped on me and did not want to go in its QT tank. This was Tuesday morning. Ever since it got in there it has been pacing back and fourth on the front glass and going and pushing on the top screen. I asked the customer service rep if it was in fact a CB and she said, "I think so." Her weary response and this frogs behavior is making me question it. But it could just be him trying to get acclimated. I am worried nonetheless, has anyone else had any problems with LLL?? My three other red eyes never acted this way, I got them from backwater reptiles. Any advice on how to keep him from hurting himself would be appreciated. I really hope I didn't get a WC I am going to try to see if maybe he is hungry and just looking for food, but even then when they search for food it is usually close to ground. I'm nervous to open the door, I don't want him to jump out and hurt himself.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BArnold

Default Re: LLL Reptile???

Just an update. I took each one out and fed them some crickets. Back when I got my other three they wouldn't eat for a week. But these ones seemed starving!! I haven't ever seen my frogs act as hungry as they were acting. They were even trying to catch my finger through the glass, they tried to eat my finger when I picked them up and one wrestled with the paper towel thinking it was food. Very odd. I am a little concerned about if they were given enough attention at the place. After they ate a few crickets each I put them back with a bowl of crickets, so we will see if they eat more and if the albino paces again tomorrow night. The whole experience with this company hasn't been the best, especially with my second leutino being DOA, she was probably starving too.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hi Bridgett and sorry about the dead frog . Did you reported loss on time and is it being replaced? Recommend cover all but one side of quarantine enclosure to help out reduce stress. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

BArnold

Yes I have done that. They actually appear to be transitioning well aside from the one pacing. But I was very surprised to see them both eat. Usually they are stressed and won't eat the first week. So hopefully it was just that they were hungry.

BArnold

Oh and they gave me a credit because they don't have anymore of the leutinos. But they originally said they would pay the shipping to send a replacement. I'm hoping that will still apply with the credit when I'm ready to buy again.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

So sorry about dead frog, lll reptile is reputable company, im sure they will make everything right. Would ask about ask for shipping just to be on a safe side and i would email rather then call so you have it documented if case any problems appear in a future.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

BArnold

They said if I don't call when I reorder my card will be charged then refunded once they put the credits in. But if I do it over the phone the credits will apply right away.

Thread Information