Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back

Default I'm back

It feels like I've been gone so long! My laptop wasn't working, and I got behind in school, and I got sick, and I had to move out of my apartment back home with family because the economy sucks. But I'm back now, and have pictures to share, since I had to reset all my habitats. All my stuff is still in boxes, but their homes are ready to go.

Name:  Boa.jpg
Views: 943
Size:  68.4 KB
    This is the plain habitat for my rosy boa. I just am not sure what else to add; she doesn't climb. I may put a background on it though, to hide the cords. I might get more stack stones and make a bigger cave.

Name:  WTF.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  88.7 KB

Name:  WTF3.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  76.7 KB

This is the big tank for my White's that I keep rebuilding every few months. I -loved- the last setup, but with these frogs, I really can't have a nice pool area. They dirty it up so fast. I need a bowl I can pull out so I can't dump the dirty water quickly. Luigi is fantastic at making messes.
    I will probably add some vines in this tank. One of my friends says she thinks it'll look horrible if I mix live and fake plants, but this tank is just so open now, and they like to hide.

Name:  Golden2.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  94.6 KB
    Name:  Golden.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  80.1 KB

One of my friends also moved into a much smaller place, and since she has 25 or 30 frogs, lizards, snakes, and so on, she couldn't take all of her animals with her. I'm putting her golden tree frog in here. She's also giving me a White's that I'll put in my big tank.

Name:  Leaf.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  61.8 KB
    Name:  0_1.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  62.7 KB

I upgraded my Malaysian Leaf Frog's tank. The small Exo-terra was too small for him, really. He had rubbed the "horns" above his eyes and his nose down. The small Exo-Terra habitat is going for the golden tree frog, and the Malaysian took over my fish tank, which I have no room for. I had to downgrade my three white cloud fish to a 5 gallon tank. Hope you don't hate me, Wyomingite.
    But at least the leaf frog is in a bigger tank! I like the look of it too. The leaf frog doesn't move much, so he won't destroy anything (though, I was told by a family member that she put the cup we had put the white clouds into in front of the leaf frog's tank, and after a couple minutes he jumped right at the glass and into the water dish that was located right behind where the cup was. Maybe he wanted to eat fish? He never hunts the crickets).
    I plan on putting another live plant, one that vines, on the side that has less covering.

Hopefully, I'll be around to talk more. Look for me on the chat.

Default Re: I'm back

Snap thats a large collection you got there buddy. ;]

nana

So sorry to hear you have a hard time lately hunny. Your set-ups are amazing especially like the white's. I thought my water dish for mine was too plain looking so got some peebles and used aquatic silicone to glue them in place. I then left it to settle for 48hrs then hey presto a nice looking pond that is easy to clean

Quote Originally Posted by nana View Post
    So sorry to hear you have a hard time lately hunny. Your set-ups are amazing especially like the white's. I thought my water dish for mine was too plain looking so got some peebles and used aquatic silicone to glue them in place. I then left it to settle for 48hrs then hey presto a nice looking pond that is easy to clean
    I like that idea. I know about aquatic silicone and using it to glue rocks, but I haven't thought of this. I could make it seem more in place by adding rocks around the dish. Thanks!

nana

Quote Originally Posted by 1beataway View Post
    I like that idea. I know about aquatic silicone and using it to glue rocks, but I haven't thought of this. I could make it seem more in place by adding rocks around the dish. Thanks!

Your welcome hunny another idea is put a thin covering of silicone on the base of the pond and press in pea gravel for a more natural look

Quote Originally Posted by nana View Post
    Your welcome hunny another idea is put a thin covering of silicone on the base of the pond and press in pea gravel for a more natural look
    Or he can make a dish made out of pea gravel, and glue some fake plants around the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Or he can make a dish made out of pea gravel, and glue some fake plants around the border.
    Interesting idea.

And I'm a she.

Jace

Welcome back! You have some cute White's there. I feel like the only one that doesn't have one some days. I like your setups, even if they are a work in progress. Good luck!

Thanks. And I believe that means you have to buy a White's.

I'm a little worried...my friend just brought me her frogs, and her White's is noticably bigger than both of mine. It's a little longer and is about twice as heavy. Wonder if there would be aggression?

Jace

Lol-a White (or two) is definitely on my list of wants. First I need a bigger house!

I've never heard of aggression with these frogs...if your enclosure is big enough so that they can each have their own area, they might be okay. Best of luck. Can't wait to see some more pics!

Remove your bed. You don't -really- need it. And then, you can get several new tanks.

Well I know I've read that big White's can eat really small ones. But I know that mine are too big to fit into the new one's mouth. lol

I do think though that I'm going to get fake vines to put around the glass. I just think it's way too open.

Paul Rust

Interesting idea.

And I'm a she.
    Well in all fairness it is kinda hard to tell from your profole page
    Welcome back and your setups look great.

Quote Originally Posted by NW Amphibian Rescue View Post
    Well in all fairness it is kinda hard to tell from your profole page
    Welcome back and your setups look great.
    That's why I put instead of .

And thanks!

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Great to see you around here again. Im glad things are all good now. Your enclosures are awesome.

Jace, You are not the only one who doesn't have Whites Tree frogs. I cant have them.

Thanks!

Kurt

Welcome back Elaine. I would use a solid, one-piece hide box rather than stacked stones, Snakes are strong and could accidently push on of the supporting stones and be crushed or injured by the falling one above it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    Welcome back Elaine. I would use a solid, one-piece hide box rather than stacked stones, Snakes are strong and could accidently push on of the supporting stones and be crushed or injured by the falling one above it.
    Actually, she has pushed the stones before. They're not that high right now, so it hasn't been an issue but I may need to really watch out for that.

Sheesh, why can't my animals just appreciate my designs and not ever mess up the habitats?

Kurt

Because they're animals. Be thankful you don't have a furniture destroying sulcata.

Interesting idea.

And I'm a she.
    OOPs. I heard the other girl call you hunny. So I was like "mkay..... guess its a guy?" Lol. ussually I can tell by their names. :P Anywho yeah. It would look nice if you did that. Just picture a bowl made entirely out of peagravel. Or a rubbermaid with rocks glued to it on the inside. :P It would look super fly. Also the frogs would like it. Then if you make it big enough. Like say 7inch-9inch long and wide. And if you make it deep as 6inches or so. You can add one of those little filters that suck for filtering but with the right tools can be used for something of the sort. Or use a small powerhead. So the water is being spewed upwards. Lol. Just make sure that around that place you cover it with soemthing that can take alot of humidity in. To make sure you dont have a mess. Lol. On the borders you can add fake ivy plants. the ones they use for the walls. so it looks like a well. to the back you can add one of those mushroom ledges along the side going up to the back. Like you can get em in diff sizes going from small to big. The back being covered with fake ivy plants. You can add a few things for it to climb on like nicely made drift wood. On the bottom you can make a little house for them made out of river stones. Next to it you can add a little frog figurine that they sell for aquariaums(the nicely made ones). Or some other figurine. and you have a garden/forest set up. I wanted to do that to my set up. But I cant find said supplies.

Just a set up suggestion. :P I may do something similar for my toad. Though I think she would trample all over it. Shes a clutz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information