Thread: New way of sexing African bullfrogs

Divine

Default New way of sexing African bullfrogs

Hey new here just wanted to say , Ive Been keeping Pixies for many years and heard many ways of sexing these frogs (many of which are complete rubbish) Relying on size of the frog . Which for many can be very frustrating , There is hope guys/gals

Take it from me You can sex at a much younger age . The method is very quick and simple all you need to do is take a side profile of your pet very low pic side on . What your looking for is a Overbite On your frog , Males need this overbite to House there enormous teeth like projections . Simple and easy eh ?

Ive had colorful females and not so colorful males big heads smaller heads and some males that did not develop nuptial pads untill many years , But this way is accurate & simple . Just look online at known males and females You will see if your pet has this overbite . Thanks for reading Anthony !!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Murphy

Default Re: New way of sexing African bullfrogs

Would you mind posting some pictures of this maybe to give us an idea of what it looks like?

Murphy

Or take a look at mine and tell me what you think? I thought it was male at first then I was convinced it was female but now I don't know.
    Murphy Photos by anthonyhaines | Photobucket

Divine

She is beautiful ! I will send some pics of some male and female : ) she is very nice . You should count yourself lucky ! females are twice as rare as the males

Divine

For some reason I got linked to the wrong frog page ! New to the site hehe . Your frog seams male anthony ! sry about the confusion pics coming soon !

Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    For some reason I got linked to the wrong frog page ! New to the site hehe . Your frog seams male anthony ! sry about the confusion pics coming soon !
    I see lol what page did you go to the first time? I'm having a difficult time trying to sex mine especially because it's pretty much at the 4 inch mark and I still have no idea. Maybe I own the only transexual GABF.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Based on those photos I would venture to guess you have a dwarf or hybrid. Also female from what I've seen. How old is it?

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I see lol what page did you go to the first time? I'm having a difficult time trying to sex mine especially because it's pretty much at the 4 inch mark and I still have no idea. Maybe I own the only transexual GABF.

Didnt quite get, why do you have problems sexing it? It is a very pretty girl.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    Didnt quite get, why do you have problems sexing it? It is a very pretty girl.
    This thread made me question it again. I didn't know how much of an overbite meant male but I thought it was a female until I saw this thread. Thanks for clearing it up though!

Nationality
    [Canada]

Confused what are you talking about , what overbite? You sex them by the shape of their head and it's ratio to the body, adult size, call. Not guaranteed way - markings, males tend to be more colourful with lots of orange, they are also grew way faster then girls - based on that you can suspect it being a male, but cant say for sure.

Females have small narrow head, rarely grew bigger then 4" and look all cute, males are what you can call a monster - huge wide head, overall look that calls for respect, they are also way bigger then females.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    Confused what are you talking about , what overbite? You sex them by the shape of their head and it's ratio to the body, adult size, call. Not guaranteed way - markings, males tend to be more colourful with lots of orange, they are also grew way faster then girls - based on that you can suspect it being a male, but cant say for sure.

Females have small narrow head, rarely grew bigger then 4" and look all cute, males are what you can call a monster - huge wide head, overall look that calls for respect, they are also way bigger then females.
    This whole thread is about a new way of sexing bullfrogs. Did you not read Divine's original post? This thread is why I got confused again.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Yeah, i did and it doesnt make much sense . Not mean to offend anyone, but occasionally people come up with all sorts of ideas that they believe in and there is no point of arguing Unless it is something that is putting someone in danger, that is obviously not the case here.

Murphy

Oh okay. I don't know otherwise, I just know I have a frog that has a crazy appetite and is cute as a button lol.

Default New way of sexing African bullfrogs

Interesting.... Your female is bigger than mine!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information