Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New babies :)

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default New babies :)

Finally i crossed over to the other side, to typical small tree frog side lol although given they like to burrow they are not exactly typical

presenting two of six of my new babies... Got a crazy deal on them, so got all, hope they all survive, two are pretty skinny, one of them with possible start of mbd, 4 are pretty small so we'll see how it will turn up. Everybody are obviously wc.

p.s. They were mislabelled and are to the best of my knowledge leptopelis vermiculatus or peacock tree frog/big eye tree frog. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Let's fun with wc frogs quarantine begin lol
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Sweden]

Default Re: New babies :)

Very cute frogs! I really hope you can keep them all alive.

Do they stay buried during the day and climb around or how does that work?

4. This member thanks Raya for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

Awe . They're beautiful! Such pretty markings. Welcome to the tree frog side .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

6. This member thanks Heatheranne for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

Thanks guys, i have no idea how it works with them burrowing yet. I have them like for 3 hours now and they wont get much chance of doing so anytime soon, not until quarantine is over i did dig two of them from very deep underground at the store though.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [Canada]

Aww they are so cute! I love leptopelis species. They are definitely vermiculatus the peacock tree frog. They will all eventually lose their nice green and blue coloring and turn brown. As for burying themselves, I have only seen mine do it once or twice out of the 4 years I have had them. I think they bury when they are stressed but I'm not entirely sure. They will more than likely behave like normal tree frogs and if they are anything like the uluguruensis you won't be disappointed! full of energy and character which you will see with a nice sized group that you got! Their call too is hilarious it sounds like a duck quacking, you have to video it and post it online when they do!

2.2.0 - Giant Waxy Monkey Frogs
    2.4.0 - White's Tree Frogs 1.3.0 - Red Eyed Tree Frogs
    5.1.0 - Uluguru Forest Tree Frogs 2.0.0 - Amazon Milk Frogs 1.2.0 - Tomato Frogs

9. This member thanks andaroo for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by andaroo View Post
    Aww they are so cute! I love leptopelis species. They are definitely vermiculatus the peacock tree frog. They will all eventually lose their nice green and blue coloring and turn brown. As for burying themselves, I have only seen mine do it once or twice out of the 4 years I have had them. I think they bury when they are stressed but I'm not entirely sure. They will more than likely behave like normal tree frogs and if they are anything like the uluguruensis you won't be disappointed! full of energy and character which you will see with a nice sized group that you got! Their call too is hilarious it sounds like a duck quacking, you have to video it and post it online when they do!

very much looking forward to getting to know these guys.
    Would you have any tips, care, set up suggestions? I found very conflicting information on a net on everything. I have about 2-3 months until Q is over to get their home ready. Im thinking naturalistic vivarium, temp 70-80, humidity 70-80, exo earth, live plants, water feature. Do they like water?
    Probably 18x18x24 exo, too small? Perhaps if all survive i can go to 24x18x24? How big are yours? Ive read males are around 1,5-2" females 2-3" how true this is?

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    very much looking forward to getting to know these guys.
    Would you have any tips, care, set up suggestions? I found very conflicting information on a net on everything. I have about 2-3 months until Q is over to get their home ready. Im thinking naturalistic vivarium, temp 70-80, humidity 70-80, exo earth, live plants, water feature. Do they like water?
    Probably 18x18x24 exo, too small? Perhaps if all survive i can go to 24x18x24? How big are yours? Ive read males are around 1,5-2" females 2-3" how true this is?
    I would keep them the same as uluguruensis which is 77f max. Aim on keeper them cooler rather than hotter. Humidity about 60% mist every night. They are very active so the bigger the tank the better they jump around constantly. They don't like to swim really they prefer to dip in the water rather than float in it. I think peacocks get slightly bigger than uluguruensis so probably a little more than 2 inches for a female and 1.25 inches for a male as thats my ulugurus size. Lots of plants and branches and your pretty much good.

2.2.0 - Giant Waxy Monkey Frogs
    2.4.0 - White's Tree Frogs 1.3.0 - Red Eyed Tree Frogs
    5.1.0 - Uluguru Forest Tree Frogs 2.0.0 - Amazon Milk Frogs 1.2.0 - Tomato Frogs

Nationality
    [Canada]

Thank you!

I must say they are pigs. The way they hunt and how much they manage to eat, and i thought nothing can beat pixies in terms of stuffing their belly. This morning quite a few were sitting in their water bowls, bunch of poop of the towels and no crickets to be seen. I saw the smallest one yesterday hunting down 7 crickets, pretty funny, wasnt expected it to be that aggressive though.
    Im hopeful for them, if eating they should be fine, i've heard somebody croaking too, so quiet in comparison to my other males.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Update - im thinking it is normal for them to eat this much, second feeding was better then a first one, still cant wrap my head around of the amount they eat and how they do it, definitely wasn't expected this from such a tiny frog. Perhaps eventually i should put some brakes on it or i will have a very fat frogs.

A question - i've read they produce different noises, one - male calling for a female, another - female when she sees a pretty boy nearby and another that would be translated - get the hell out of there. And all 3 calls are different, how true is this?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

They are really gorgeous, Lija. I debated getting those before choosing red eyes instead. They are especially gorgeous as babies and hard to resist!
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Nationality
    [United States]

Man got to make sure my wife doesn't see these. She will want to get 5 or 6 also lol.

They are adorable Lija! You going to do a build thread for their tank? Please say yes! I think I have a tank addiction, hoping watching others get built will keep me from bankrupting my family.
    1.1.0 - Oophaga Pumilio 'Blue Jeans' (2014 Nicaragua Import)
    1.1.0 - Oophaga Pumilio 'Chirique Grande' F1
    1.1.0 - D. Tinctorius 'Citronella'
    1.2.0 - D. Tinctorius 'Azureus'
    0.0.2 - D. Tinctorius 'Sipaliwini'
    0.0.2 - D. Tinctorius 'New River'
    0.0.4 - D. Tinctorius 'Leucomelas'
    0.0.4 - Terribilis 'Mint'
    1.1.0 - R. Ventrimaculatus 'French Guiana'

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hashtagfrogs
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgC...sEZiZQoT8sOuuw

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalPunk View Post
    Man got to make sure my wife doesn't see these. She will want to get 5 or 6 also lol.

They are adorable Lija! You going to do a build thread for their tank? Please say yes! I think I have a tank addiction, hoping watching others get built will keep me from bankrupting my family.
    I'm currently in the "other than feeders and necessities, no more money to be spent on frogs" phase for at least the next 3 months.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Nationality
    [United States]

I am not sure that phase even exists Amy lol. My wife and I LOVE frogs, but I am the one who takes care of them all and handles the breeding and culturing of the feeders. I just don't think i can handle any more crickets than what our 5 reds can put down in one night lol.

I haven't been able to breed crickets yet, but I am going to try again soon. I want to get some pinheads to feed to my Mantella .
    1.1.0 - Oophaga Pumilio 'Blue Jeans' (2014 Nicaragua Import)
    1.1.0 - Oophaga Pumilio 'Chirique Grande' F1
    1.1.0 - D. Tinctorius 'Citronella'
    1.2.0 - D. Tinctorius 'Azureus'
    0.0.2 - D. Tinctorius 'Sipaliwini'
    0.0.2 - D. Tinctorius 'New River'
    0.0.4 - D. Tinctorius 'Leucomelas'
    0.0.4 - Terribilis 'Mint'
    1.1.0 - R. Ventrimaculatus 'French Guiana'

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hashtagfrogs
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgC...sEZiZQoT8sOuuw

Now those are some darned cute frogs!!!

Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world ~ Nelson Mandela
    1.0.0 Oophaga Pumilio 'Black Jeans'
    0.0.10 Phyllobates Vittatus
    0.0.3 Phyllobates Terribilis 'Mint'
    0.0.3 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Patricia'
    0.0.5 Dendrobates Leucomelas
    0.0.2 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Powder Blue'
    0.0.2 Ranitomeya Variabilis 'southern'
    0.0.3 Epipedobates Anthonyi 'zarayunga'
    1.2.0 Phyllobates bicolor
    0.0.3 Dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus'
    0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    1.0.0 Tabby/Maine Coon Mix
    2.1.0 Genetics Experiments
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

Nationality
    [Canada]

Thanks guys!
    Paul, i will do a thread, i know you all wanna throw tomatoes at me and enjoy it but so you know reading what other people are building wont help much with addiction
    you should totally show your wife these, then you will have a chance to build something for them and your wife is gonna be happy, just think you are doing it for her everybody happy.

I bred crickets, not a rocket science, but after a few month i had enough, i'd rather buy them, then do it ever again lol i'm getting about 500 every second week and pretty happy about it.

And an update, everybody are still in hospital set up, they had insane parasite load, i dont think i've ever seen so many species of parasites in one sample. Crazy! So had to do gradual deworming, one or two more treatments are still ahead. And everybody are chytrid free.

Anyhow, when i got them i though if i manage at least half of them to survive im gonna be lucky, hahaha. Everyone is fat now, had to adjust meds dosage, they gained so much. One with early mbd is still not there yet, but ii think it will be just fine soon enough. Im telling you pixies are nothing in comparison to these monsters, one tiny frog can easily jump for a cricket to a distance of 18" and actually catch it, they can easily eat 10 3-4weeks crickets, each every second day. Glass bowl thing didnt work, either they are stupid or just very hungry, they cant figure out that crickets are inside and sitting with open mouthes attached to outside of a bowl, very entertaining for human part of our family. Got a non transparent bowl from ikea today, may be that will work.

Amy, funny part i almost spend nothing for frogs the guy who owns the store didnt think none of them are gonna make it, we are vending same shows usually, he knows me.
    so it was like 40$ for all of them, now necessities are gonna be in the amounts that is not polite to mention in a company.
    My bday was not long ago and when my family asked what do i want, i said not to give me anything material, but just shut up, be supportive and let me do a nice tank lol im just happy they have no idea of $ involved lol

canadian frog

exactly like mine,

Nationality
    [Canada]

so you gotta go same route like me then you need to do fecal for yours. If yours and mine were in a same shipment to Canada that is very much likely, they are having similar parasite load like mine had. Will go take updated pics. They are still in quarantine, but hopefully it will be lifted soon, just in time for my pretty nice tank that i hope will have

Nationality
    [Canada]

Photo update sorry for the quality of the pic, didnt want to disturb them much.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406242883.882221.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  295.8 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406242985.019188.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  305.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406243012.271072.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  300.2 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406243100.551485.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  268.2 KB

canadian frog

the store were I got them from has had them for a month or two, not sure what you mean by a fecal, like I said im new to this frog thing, they are my daughters but I think they are the coolest things ive ever seen, trying my best to learn as much as I can in order to keep them alive, the reptile store I deal with is very reputable and I wouldn't get a reptile or a amphibian from anywhere else, I will let them know that they are not glade tree frogs, your help is greatly appreciated by my wife and I, thank you very much, I joined to learn about this stuff and you have been a great help
    e

Nationality
    [United States]

Awe . They're getting their big kid markings . Great job!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information