Thread: Boophis albilabris White-lipped bright-eyed frog

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Boophis albilabris White-lipped bright-eyed frog

Hi, just registered on this forum and i'm looking for information on white-lipped bright-eyed frogs. I have purchased 4 adults last month, 1 male, 2 females, and one not sure. I would like to get more information on feeding, housing and also breeding.

I have them in a 18x18x36 long Akatsuki with plastic film on the top screen. The first day I brought them home my male mounted a female, I put them in a tub with water but only got sperm all over, no eggs. I have tried to put them in a rain chamber but got nothing but calling from the male.

I have a feeling they are not eating as well as they should, I am now trying to put them in a plastic tub for about an hour after the lights go off with some worms, hope that works.

Name:  IMG_0447.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  102.5 KBName:  IMG_0448.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  79.8 KB

BTW does anybody know if the red body colour is normal? All the pics i see on the net are green.

Hope someone has experience with these.

Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Boophis albilabris White-lipped bright-eyed frog

Im not big expert of tree frog ID yet, but they dont look like white lipped frogs to me.

As for breeding i would very strongly suggest you think about if you should do it. They are probably wc, need treatment/quarantine, you need ensure they are healthy, condition them properly, then rainchamber, proper environment, proper male:female ratio, things like that. It is not easy with frogs and if successful you gotta have a plan on what to do with hundreds of baby frogs.

just saying
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    Im not big expert of tree frog ID yet, but they dont look like white lipped frogs to me.

As for breeding i would very strongly suggest you think about if you should do it. They are probably wc, need treatment/quarantine, you need ensure they are healthy, condition them properly, then rainchamber, proper environment, proper male:female ratio, things like that. It is not easy with frogs and if successful you gotta have a plan on what to do with hundreds of baby frogs.

just saying
    Hi, first of all TY for your reply. I know there is a lot to do with the breeding of frogs, but that's what we do . We are a medium sized reptile breeder (Ball Pythons, Corns, Bearded Dragons, Chameleons, and Seahorses), and I already have a deal with a wholesaler for anything I produce.

That said this is our first try at frogs, we have the Boophis albilabris White-lipped bright-eyed frog (Different from the Australian White Lipped) and we are growing some Amazon Milk Frogs, but they still have about 6 months before they are ready.

I have found very little on the bright-eyed. I did find that this species is a slow moving stream breeder, but I have not seen any type of breeding setup that duplicated that type of environment. So that's why I'm here, hopefully someone knows this type of frog breeding.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Nice! That sure changes things, sorry, but we have so many wanna be breeders here who have no clue or responsibility on what does it mean to breed somebody.
    believe me comparing to frogs, bp, corns, beardies are walk in a park, but it is sure cool when u succeed!

I hope there is somebody here who can advice more on care. I suggest after quarantine and treatment you try to recreate their natural environment conditions over a year course and see what will happen, it will be very hard having only 4 frogs though, you want to have at least 4 males, 2 females. I know somebody here tried to breed ruby eyed frogs that need moving water for breeding, there should be somewhere a thread about it.

Breeding milk frogs is pretty easy though if you have numbers.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    Nice! That sure changes things, sorry, but we have so many wanna be breeders here who have no clue or responsibility on what does it mean to breed somebody.
    believe me comparing to frogs, bp, corns, beardies are walk in a park, but it is sure cool when u succeed!

I hope there is somebody here who can advice more on care. I suggest after quarantine and treatment you try to recreate their natural environment conditions over a year course and see what will happen, it will be very hard having only 4 frogs though, you want to have at least 4 males, 2 females. I know somebody here tried to breed ruby eyed frogs that need moving water for breeding, there should be somewhere a thread about it.

Breeding milk frogs is pretty easy though if you have numbers.
    I only have 4 Boophis, 2 males and 2 females. The first week i got them, I found one of the males in amplexus with the largest female, but sadly got no eggs.

As for the Milk frogs, I only have 4 there also. Those were cb babies from Germany. 3 of them are quite large but one is smaller, so I think I have 3 females and 1 male in that group. I might try and add some more milk frogs to my group if I find some nice cbs.
    Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AJReptiles.ca

20+ Ball Pythons, 40+ corns, 1 Veiled Chameleons, 20+ Amazon Milk Frogs CB, 30+ Pacman frogs CB, 14 Vietnamese Mossy Frogs CB, 3 Red Eyed Tree Frogs CB, 14 White's Tree frogs, 8 Starry night reed frogs, 1 dog, 8 kids and 4 grand kids.

Nationality
    [Canada]

You might want to try guys from manitoba, their babies where out of the water i think in january. Was very tempted to get

looking at your signature - very nice! Especially the part with kids/grandkids - wow! My 2 kids drive me nuts, im scared to think of more then that lol

Thread Information