Thread: American Bullfrogs, American Toads, Gray Tree Frogs Wanted - CT/NY Area

Default American Bullfrogs, American Toads, Gray Tree Frogs Wanted - CT/NY Area

Hi.

I'm interested in adding some frogs to my pond. If you are selling any of the above mentioned frogs at a reasonable price, and live in the CT/NY area, please contact me.

Thank you.

RJ

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: American Bullfrogs, American Toads, Gray Tree Frogs Wanted - CT/NY Area

Depending on the location of the pond,,(Like how woodsy it is in your area and the nearest water) ,with patience,the frogs might find you...

Default Re: American Bullfrogs, American Toads, Gray Tree Frogs Wanted - CT/NY Area

Thank you for your reply, Ted.

The large pond has been here for several years. It only has a very small wooded area, and no frogs have managed to find it. It does support life, as it does contain fish and turtles. Was just hoping I could start adding some frogs, as I have always enjoyed them.

Thanks again.

RJ

Nationality
    [United States]

Rj,,,fish and turtles but no frogs yet?ok,,let's see,,it's a good time of year to try to net some tadpoles,maybe at your nearest frog pond.you can send away for frogs and or tadpoles, try kingsnake.com.( but be careful of the vendor),if treefrogs are in the immediate area you might bring them in by hanging lights outside your pond at night to draw them,they come to the light to get the insects,which is what your really attracting.gray treefrogs need trees though,,

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Gray tree frogs and toads aren't going to stick around the pond longer than for breeding. I'd look into getting some tadpoles, northern green frogs or northern leopard frogs, that seems to be what I find most consistently in the pond behind our house. I personally would not introduce bullfrogs to the area if they aren't already there. I've noticed a huge decline in the frog population in my neighborhood since I noticed bullfrogs for the first time about 4 years ago, I can only imagine it's going to get worse with them eating everything.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Thank you for the advice and suggestions, Ted and Amy. I really appreciate both of you taking the time to reply.

All the best.

RJ

Thread Information