Thread: What a great and intresting hobby...HI..& a few questions to aide in research?

Lee Walden

Question What a great and intresting hobby...HI..& a few questions to aide in research?

Hi ya guys & gals,
    I am just beginning my research into PDF's, Dendrobates tinctorius 'Azureus have particularly caught my eye. Anywho, The vivi and husbandry I have been researching a ton. Husbandry I have always been able to pick up rather quickly, as I am a book worm & like to have my habitats setup way ahead of time to monitor things before even getting any new babies.
    The one thing that i have yet to be able to find, mostly because I am not sure quite what to search, is the health aspect of these little frogs. I like to provide the best care possible to all of my pets.
    That being said what are health concerns I should be aware of &/or testing i should have done once i acquire my first frogs?

Also i keep Ball Pythons as well, in their own designated room (for ambient room temps and such). This makes me have to ask about the mites in fruit fly cultures..........Mites are a pain when experienced from the BP enthusiast, infecting animals and causing unneeded stress to the BP's. Are the mites in the fruit fly cultures hard to contain, how far awy should my cultures be frm my snake room.........again this is for the health of my current pets and part of culturing so any info would be greatly appreciated!

Tongue Flicker

Default Re: What a great and intresting hobby...HI..& a few questions to aide in research?

Hey there welcome aboard!

Unfortunately the only time i encounter reptile mites are from wild caught specimens under quarantine

chibikaie

Mites are usually species-specific.

Thread Information