Thread: FBT Prison Break!

Phelot

Default FBT Prison Break!

So, I found one of my FBT's outside its enclosure, sitting on a plastic bag on the ground nearby.
    I'm gonna accept the full blame for this happening, because I, like an idiot, left the weight off of their lid because I wanted their enclosure to get a bit more fresh air flow because the humidity was looking kinda high. I had done that before for short periods of time, and everything went okay, but I left it off overnight this time because I got complacent in thinking they wouldn't try to escape. But that was clearly wrong, and I know that now, so I won't be leaving their weight off again for any reason, and I feel like a huge jerk.
    Anyway, the important parts: When I found him, he was bunched up, dry, and pale-colored, probably attempting to aestivate in response to his terrible decision to leave a humid and wet area for one that was colder and drier. But he definitely wasn't fully into the process because as I attempted to retrieve him and place him back in the tank, he was still a bit dodgy and moved about on his own some. Anyway, I got him back into his tank and he made a break for the water as soon as possible, hopping into it and then jumping around to avoid the tool I was using to prod him a bit and to check if he was injured. Anyway, he's back in there now, but I haven't attempted to feed him anything since putting him back in there, so I'm not sure if he'll take it and bounce back or if this was actually a seriously damaging event for him.
    He couldn't have been out of the tank for more than maybe 10 hours, at the absolute most. Probably closer to 5-6.

So, I'm curious if anyone else has ever had escapees, and how well the escapee recovered, if at all.
    I'm told they're tough little buggers, and I'm inclined to believe it after seeing them do what they do, so I'm in no panic, but I'm a bit concerned, and I just wanna see if anyone's got any helpful feedback.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: FBT Prison Break!

When I first got Monster he was in a 2 and a half gallon tank. I honestly bought him on impulse as I didn't have an actual tank ready for him, and I was using leftover fish decor for his "land."

What I didn't like about this tank is the fact that it only had a glass lid and in order to have air flow I had to keep it partially lifted. I didn't think he would be able to reach the top at all when I set it up this way.

That same night that I got him, I heard some odd noise coming from downstairs and when I went to investigate I found that Monster had gotten out of the tank, gotten off of my dresser and actually made his way down my full flight of 12 stairs. On top of that he battled the cat and won!

He was a bit dry when I retrieved him but when I put him back in he seemed to take just fine.
    Monster and Mercy

Thread Information