Thread: Buyer Beware of Mike's Phat Frogs

100+ Post Member Louis Charles Bruckner's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Buyer Beware of Mike's Phat Frogs

Trust me I am no friend of Mike Maston.
    I am so sorry for your loss and I wish you the best of luck.

2. This member thanks Louis Charles Bruckner for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Charles Bruckner View Post
    Thanks, Louis.
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

This will be my only post to this thread as I have not received any documentation that supports what you have claimed. Show me a vet report backing what you say. Let alone give me the vets number and I can contact him myself.

You have also have collected wild tree frogs and placed them inside your home.i I have those screen shots. Those alone will cause plenty of problems with cb frogs and allow diseases to be transferred. You have no treatment method let alone a quarantine method. I have talked to a few vets and they say there is no possible way that a vet would make the statement that "those animals arrived with chitrid". Especially knowing that they were in your care for atleast 25-30 days. Those animals were at the same facility for 6-12 months. These are not babies. They were sub adult animals and have been healthy their entire lives.

These frogs are produced and raised at sAndfire Dragon ranch. There is 1000s of them that all have no signs of chitrid. We do this for a living and know what is going on with our animals.

YOU exposed them to this fungus...... It is your responsibility to put me in contact with the vet that sent you the results. This is a completely unsupported claim.

Treatment options for chytridiomycosis include antifungal drugs and heat-induced therapy.[25] The antifungal drug itraconazole is the most popular form of treatment.[9][25][26][27] Individuals infected with chytridiomycosis from B. dendrobatidis are bathed in intraconazole solutions, and within a few weeks, previously infected individuals test negative for B. dendrobatidis using PCR assays.[9][26][27] Heat therapy is also used to neutralize B. dendrobatidis in infected individuals.[25][28] Temperature-controlled laboratory experiments are used to increase the temperature of an individual past the optimal temperature range of B. dendrobatidis.[28] Experiments, where the temperature is increased beyond the upper bound of the B. dendrobatidis optimal range of 25 to 30 °C, show B. dendrobatidis presence will dissipate within a few weeks and individuals infected with chytridiomycosis return to normal.[28] Formalin/malachite green has also been used to successfully treat individuals infected with chytridiomycosis.[9] An Archey's frog was successfully cured of chytridiomycosis by applying chloramphenicol topically.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I am just seeing this now and CHINO you know this entire thread isn't what happened...... You left the frogs for 2 days in.the same small deli container that they were shipped in. Lazily you did not change them. If I recall correctly there was a large amount of humidity on the cups. Which would indicate the temps were atleast in the 80s. Frogs are not snakes. You cannot leave them in tubs for days and not clean or care for them...

I offered you half off on a replacement. You just would have to pay shipping. Those toads are live arrival guarantee. I have been doing this for quite a few years now and everyone that messes up and kills their frogs within the first few days makes up a story that doesn't match the picture. You killed that frog.

You then also tried to go back to paypal and get all of your money back. Which then you would be trying to rip me off. I usually work very well with people when frogs die and replace them as I see stories match the picture. However, when you come at me like an ******* demanding money back for something that you did..... That's where I am going to draw the line

Also, I am part of sAndfire. Those toads were posted on kingsnake.com at wholesale prices because there was a overload of them. Good luck finding them at $15.00 again. The retail value for albino Woodhouse is $30-$50.00 just depending on how well started the babies are

Quote Originally Posted by CHiNO View Post
    I would like to write about my experience with Mike Matson (Mike’sPhat Frogs). On the morning of Wednesday May 7th, 2014 I placed anorder for two albino woodhouse toads, and one samurai blue cranwelli. Mike promptlyshipped on Thursday May 8th, 2014 and I received the package in themorning of Friday May 9th, 2014. I took them home and immediatelymoved them individually into larger (4”-5”) Dixie cups with plastic plants forthem to hide under. Mind you the toads were only about the size of a small cricket;these enclosures were quite large for them. I came home the next day to findone of the toads sprawled out dead, I moved the dead one into the sauce cupthat mike provided in case he would want me to ship it back. I contacted Mike, heasks for proof and I send it to him. He then moves on to accuse me of keepingthe toad in the original container that he shipped with, and blames the deathon me. Mike’s argument was that he kept lots of frogs/toads and none of themdie, so it must be my fault. I bought two toads, both kept in similar conditionsand one ups and dies. I just wanted Mike to right the situation, he pretty muchtold me to pay for another one. I have lots of experience raising baby frogsall the way into healthy large adult frogs. Mike not only was unprofessional,he even called me a moron. It was obvious to me I could not come to an agreementwith him…as he was not professional and rude. I filed for a claim on Paypal forthe dead toad. Mike messages me and tells me Paypal will side with him. I lateron called Paypal to see why they closed the claim, they stated that they do notdeal with disputes on livestock, no wonder he was so smug. This was the worstvendor I have ever dealt with and I will never ever deal with him again. Also http://www.sandfiredragonranch.com/sells the same albino toads for only $15 dollars each. I gave Mike plenty ofchances to rectify the situation, but he resorted to name calling and immature tactics. Enjoy my $35 Mike, I hope it makes youRICH!

Frogger00

Mike, please do not make things up. IrThumper always always always quarantines any new additions and treats any illnesses with vet recommended meds. It is very possible that it your fault, but it is also possible that it is IrThumper's fault. I don't know the whole story, but putting the blame on her and bashing her publicly is incredibly unprofessional and rude.

Honestly, I'd have to say that you yourself are most likely at fault here, especially with your poor reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. This member thanks Frogger00 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Charles Bruckner View Post
    And Louis I could care less if we are friends or not. You have never purchased frogs from me. You were at the wrong end of a discussion with a few admins and I and we corrected you. We may not see eye to eye. You have little to no actual experience with these animals.

My best example of that is you saying "a male pacman that's an adult weighs 300-400 grams" that is the size of a large healthy female. Males rarely make it into the 200 gram range....

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

iRthumper she has never responded saying she did any quarantine method. She has not responded with proof of a vet report. I packed the animals. She purchased them thru me knowing that they are sAndfire frogs. These did not even touch my warehouse. I will put blame on her. Especially after her throwing my name and sandfires around stating these frogs came from our facilities with chitrid. She has no proof at all..... If so show me. I would like to contact the vet myself.... This entire claim is a joke. I am tired of dealing with it.

she is a very busy body type person. I can understand someone being upset. However, all of us breeders treat every animal that enters our facility for chitrid.... So, no she didn't quarantine and treat these frogs properly. Seeing that these we're the only two animals that passed it is possible that the tank or items within has chitrid. It is possible that she touched something outside that has the fungus on it. It's possible that the frogs she collected last year had chitrid. It is possible the frogs she currently has is carrying it and has not reacted to it because their environment has not changed. She may have not cleaned her equipment properly. Chitrid is in a lot of areas as it is transferred quite a few ways ....

The good thing is in captivity this fungus can be cured with little to no casualties

And as far as my poor reviews..... I have received very few compared to the 1000s of frogs that I have sold. I would bet it is less than 1%

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger00 View Post
    Mike, please do not make things up. IrThumper always always always quarantines any new additions and treats any illnesses with vet recommended meds. It is very possible that it your fault, but it is also possible that it is IrThumper's fault. I don't know the whole story, but putting the blame on her and bashing her publicly is incredibly unprofessional and rude.

Honestly, I'd have to say that you yourself are most likely at fault here, especially with your poor reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Every response and post on here will be saved and forwarded to sandfire and Petco. You are also throwing Petco under the bus saying they have infected frogs ect. Petco does not play around with accusations. Neither will sandfire or I. If these false claims continue we will have an attorney contact you.

The frogs are gone and have passed away. There is no issues with frogs on our properties. So right now every comment, thread and picture is being saved as libel defamation.

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Mike, all she has been doing is proof! Let me direct you to this post.
    http://www.frogforum.net/showthread.php?t=34578
    Or this one
    http://www.frogforum.net/showthread....313#post260313
    Or this one too!
    http://www.frogforum.net/showthread....293#post260293
    So take responsibility for the hurt you caused our friend, who quarantines all of her animals before hand.

13. 2 members thank Cliygh and Mia 2 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfrogs View Post
    Every response and post on here will be saved and forwarded to sandfire and Petco. You are also throwing Petco under the bus saying they have infected frogs ect. Petco does not play around with accusations. Neither will sandfire or I. If these false claims continue we will have an attorney contact you.

The frogs are gone and have passed away. There is no issues with frogs on our properties. So right now every comment, thread and picture is being saved as libel defamation.
    You know, that's all you ever say. If you were to actually sue someone that did nothing wrong (you did) you would have sued by now. So stop accusing her before she actually sues you first!

15. 2 members thank Cliygh and Mia 2 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Bet you haven't seen this either Mike...

17. This member thanks Cliygh and Mia 2 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cliygh and Mia 2 View Post
    Bet you haven't seen this either Mike...
    Xavier where is the actual proof? There is no vet report at all. Just a bunch of hear say..... I am meeting with an attorney in the morning actually. It takes time to schedule appointments. Please have her sue me. I would love to see how she can prove that they came in with chitrid.... No vet will put their name on a chopping board like that.

I will do a batch test her shortly along with sandfire. So, when they come back negative this all becomes defamation... We have thousands of animals that are showing no symptoms...

Please xavier tell me how she can prove this came from us and something she did not expose to them.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

on the vet report that the frogs would have come to her already infected. Now explain to me, why you said you would come to her house and f-her up? Doesn't seem like something somebody would want if they were trying to sell sick animals

20. This member thanks Cliygh and Mia 2 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

You show me where i said that

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Xavier where is the actual proof? There is no vet report at all. Just a bunch of hear say.....
    You didn't even admit it on there. You didn't even bother to say what she said. The reason she's in this mess, is she bought the frogs, put them in quarantine until they both died. Before they both did, (The first had already died) she took the other one to the vet and it tested positive for Chytrid fungus. The vet said that it would have had to get the chytrid from the person who sent them. Plus with your anger, and bad recommendations, and being banned from faunaclassifieds, it seems kind of suspicious, as I'm sure others would agree...

23. This member thanks Cliygh and Mia 2 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

on the vet report that the frogs would have come to her already infected. Now explain to me, why you said you would come to her house and f-her up? Doesn't seem like something somebody would want if they were trying to sell sick animals
    Show me the vet report.... No one has done so...

Also, as far as f-her up or the statement that she claims. Here is the context below. I told her that I will not be conducting anymore messages on Facebook until I receive a vet report. She refuses to show it to me... So I said I have no problem stopping by on my way up to Washington at the address that I have. Which is her fathers barber shop. I figured I could talk to an actual adult their.

This ML Richards/ whatever non real name she goes by is a busy body and flat out nuts. Every person that she has done business with will tell you the same....

5/22, 11:14am

Mike Matson

When I get messages like that. That will piss me off.

You are blasting my name all over the internet with nothing that is tied to me except a name on a label. The frogs don't come from my facility. You know this in previous threads.

This is defamation of character and slander. I'll be taking notes down on the average amount of money I lose because of these post. I'll have an attorney contact you and you will be responsible for what I lose. Especially when the test I will do here after this next week come back negative .

Mike Matson

5/22, 11:16am

Mike Matson

You need to remove those post. >>>>>>I don't mind stopping by next week on my way up to Washington. I do have an address<<<<<<<<

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Show me the vet report.... No one has done so...

Also, as far as f-her up or the statement that she claims. Here is the context below. I told her that I will not be conducting anymore messages on Facebook until I receive a vet report. She refuses to show it to me... So I said I have no problem stopping by on my way up to Washington at the address that I have. Which is her fathers barber shop. I figured I could talk to an actual adult their.

This ML Richards/ whatever non real name she goes by is a busy body and flat out nuts. Every person that she has done business with will tell you the same....

5/22, 11:14am

Mike Matson

When I get messages like that. That will piss me off.

You are blasting my name all over the internet with nothing that is tied to me except a name on a label. The frogs don't come from my facility. You know this in previous threads.

This is defamation of character and slander. I'll be taking notes down on the average amount of money I lose because of these post. I'll have an attorney contact you and you will be responsible for what I lose. Especially when the test I will do here after this next week come back negative .

Mike Matson

5/22, 11:16am

Mike Matson

You need to remove those post. >>>>>>I don't mind stopping by next week on my way up to Washington. I do have an address<<<<<<<<
    He was trying SO hard to get me to remove my posts, which were not slanderous or libelous (we know law in this family) that he first threatened to sick attorneys on me, then he threatened to come to our address (something he's actually done to others in the past apparently-- Faunaclassifieds.com), then as a last ditch effort he pulled out the amphibian ban card and said that I, MYSELF, would be giving them fuel to take away EVERYONE'S frogsd-- excuse me? I'm not the one who sent me sick frogs! he also threw Sandfire under the bus by saying that they came directly from them and were never at HIS facility-- oh? Then why did the payment go to Mike and not Sandfire if these were frogs he did not own(?) or were not in his possession? Who was in charge of boxing and sending these frogs to me? Why was I sent one "apparently" healthy (appearing) frog (Butter Bean) and one obviously thin and sickly frog (Pole Bean) and he never replied to my msg about it? He tried to accuse my other frogs of making these frogs sick, but I've had my frogs since Oct, Dec and Jan and they have ALL been QT'd (up until a few weeks ago in April/May) and tested and treated numerous times for intestinal parasites. No one ever told me they should be tested for Chytrid too, and treated as a safeguard... that NEEDS to be common knowledge! Also, breeders/sellers need to be accountable... THEY need to test, and treat, and make that information publically available to their clients.

This is what she said to me. Seems like your being a bit aggressive, how did you even find her address?

26. This member thanks Cliygh and Mia 2 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I was was banned from fauna classifieds when I was 19 years old. That was 6 years ago.

Do you even know why I was banned?? I got into a local feud with a shop owner who couldn't match the prices I was advertising. She then started bashing me on fauna and we got into it. She's a heck of a character... Look up bianca trump. Shoot even look up her jerry springer episode or her arrest record. She's a x porn star/ prostitute. Who is the one that would easily persuade the men that run fauna to ban me?? I think the woman who's a porn star.

i had a few drop shipments that went bad from wholesalers that shipped direct to customers for me. Hence why I do not do that any longer. I produce my own animals. 1000s of them xavier to supply the USA and other countries.......

so xavier anything else you would like to know.... Since you are so new here to this site

You didn't even admit it on there. You didn't even bother to say what she said. The reason she's in this mess, is she bought the frogs, put them in quarantine until they both died. Before they both did, (The first had already died) she took the other one to the vet and it tested positive for Chytrid fungus. The vet said that it would have had to get the chytrid from the person who sent them. Plus with your anger, and bad recommendations, and being banned from faunaclassifieds, it seems kind of suspicious, as I'm sure others would agree...

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Yeah, when did you start to breed the white's tree frogs? You just said on this thread
    http://www.frogforum.net/showthread.php?t=34667
    "xavier please educate yourself and your comments. I did not produce the frogs in question and they were never at my facility."

29. This member thanks Cliygh and Mia 2 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

There is still no vet report!!!!!!!

The money goes to because I am the one that shipped them. I am part of sandfire.

I am honestly tired of the proof less claim. Show me the vet report and the vets phone number. Until then you have absolutely nothing.

If the frogs were testing within a few days of arriving and had chitrid it would be a different situation. The fact that nothing was tested til after 30 days and frogs didn't pass til then, they were exposed at her home to chitrid. If in fact it is even chitrid and not miss care....

He was trying SO hard to get me to remove my posts, which were not slanderous or libelous (we know law in this family) that he first threatened to sick attorneys on me, then he threatened to come to our address (something he's actually done to others in the past apparently-- Faunaclassifieds.com), then as a last ditch effort he pulled out the amphibian ban card and said that I, MYSELF, would be giving them fuel to take away EVERYONE'S frogsd-- excuse me? I'm not the one who sent me sick frogs! he also threw Sandfire under the bus by saying that they came directly from them and were never at HIS facility-- oh? Then why did the payment go to Mike and not Sandfire if these were frogs he did not own(?) or were not in his possession? Who was in charge of boxing and sending these frogs to me? Why was I sent one "apparently" healthy (appearing) frog (Butter Bean) and one obviously thin and sickly frog (Pole Bean) and he never replied to my msg about it? He tried to accuse my other frogs of making these frogs sick, but I've had my frogs since Oct, Dec and Jan and they have ALL been QT'd (up until a few weeks ago in April/May) and tested and treated numerous times for intestinal parasites. No one ever told me they should be tested for Chytrid too, and treated as a safeguard... that NEEDS to be common knowledge! Also, breeders/sellers need to be accountable... THEY need to test, and treat, and make that information publically available to their clients.

This is what she said to me. Seems like your being a bit aggressive, how did you even find her address?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information