Thread: Question: Can clown tree gross and tiger legged tree frogs be housed together?

BArnold

Default Question: Can clown tree gross and tiger legged tree frogs be housed together?

I currently have three red eyed tree frogs and two gray tree frog tadpoles and have recently discovered tiger legged tree frogs and clown tree frogs, and want to get them but I like my frogs to have companions and can't really have four tanks. I know the tiger legged can't be with the red eyes but require similar care. Any insight on this topic would be great. Can I mix any of these species: red eyed, tiger legged, gray or clown tree frogs. I'm assuming not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Question: Can clown tree gross and tiger legged tree frogs be housed together?

I would not house any of those together. The only two there that would require similar care would be the clown tree and red eyed tree frogs, and their toxins would likely kill each other. If not the toxins, then the stress of and "invader" in the tank probably would. Grey tree frogs get big enough that they'd probably eat one of the others even if they had similar care.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Question: Can clown tree gross and tiger legged tree frogs be housed together?

Agree with Amy; keeping different frog species together is risky and usually ends bad. Even when you match their enclosure requirements; the frogs toxins or behaviors stress them out and soon an opportunistic pathogen comes into play .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

BArnold

Thanks for the response guys I thought so. And Amy thank you I meant clown tree frogs are similar environments not tiger legged tree frogs. I love both the species and sort of ended up with the grays on accident. So I don't know how many enclosures I can keep. Do you guys happen to know what sizes would be ok for either of these species if I were to get one or two of each. Would the exo terra nano be suitable for either?

Thread Information