Thread: Can these 2 frog species live together? + need advice on Quarantine

Default Can these 2 frog species live together? + need advice on Quarantine

I have a whit's tree frog. a month since I got him (last august) I been wanting to get him some friends but had to wait to see how he did in the winter. Now I can finally get him some Buddies. I was planning on 3 more white's tree frogs but at $20 a frog..too much. Found green tree frogs for under $10. I searched mys elf to see if these 2 can live together. from what I got these to are the same frog :-/ I am not sure if that's true. So I ask you fellow frog owners can these two frogs live together? I know your supposed to Quarantine frogs for a month or more but is there a certain tank set up should be using? what should I be looking for or not to make sure the new frogs can live with my white's tree frog? any tips and advice is welcome.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Can these 2 frog species live together? + need advice on Quarantine

Depends, if its an AUSTRALIAN green tree frog then that would be the same as a whites. However, most of the time, when people are talking about green tree frogs they mean the AMERICAN green tree frog, which only grows to 2 inches MAX while your whites can get up to 5 inches in length. That means that the poor little
    american green will quickly become your existing frogs lunch. Mixing species is almost never a good idea. If you do get ANY other frog (recommend another whites) the quarantine period should be at least two or three months if not more. Set up the tank with plenty of hiding places and other basic frog needs. Remember that whites are one if the worlds largest tree frogs and they will eat anything that moves (sometimes they might try to eat you!) hope this helps (I got my 2 whites last august too!)

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

There are (at least) 2 species common to the North American pet trade that get the name 'Green Treefrog' applied to them. The White's Treefrog aka Australian Green treefrog aka Litoria caerulea, and the usually cheaper American Green treefrog aka Hyla cinerea. Pet stores (and many others) will make matters worse by leaving the "Australian" or "American" parts of the common names off, making the labeling even more ambiguous.

The two should definitely not be housed together as the White's will get much larger then the slender North American native. Figure out what the new frog is, but for $10 I'd expect it to be a ​Hyla cinerea.

Nationality
    [United States]

No one ever said that you have to be in a hurry to acquire things...why don't you just start saving a tree frog fund and then buy what you want when you have enough?.....

thanks everyone. and Ted my mom is gonna get the froga for me. was supposed to be fro my birthday..coupleweeks later instead. she may think $60 is much so i'll buy aone of the froggies if shesays it's too much.

also i forgot to ask when done with the quarantine period can the tank house any animal or must i use it just for the whit's tree frog only?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [United States]

Kissfanforever....and you know what? When you get home with your frogs,you know what your going to say to yourself? Your going to look at them and say " that's worth every penny!"....also,,just clean the cage real,real good and use it for whatever you want..

Thread Information