Thread: The babies have arrived xoxo

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default The babies have arrived xoxo

Well, with no thanks to the FedEx delivery guy who joyously tossed the box from one hand to the other while walking into my office, the babies are safe in their new home! Yay! I brought a small critter keeper to my office as that's where I had the delivery happen, but decided that I'd keep them in their little cups and in the box until I got home (4 hours later). The weather was nice, so it seemed less stressful.... And I only received one lutino red-eye and one regular (ordered 2 lutinos), I'll sort that out later, but am perfectly happy with both frogs. They are so teeny! The lutino being a bit larger than the regular, but both seem to be in good health and unscathed by their (I'm sure, and can only imagine) trip from CA to NM..Name:  IMG_0146[1].jpg
Views: 74
Size:  106.6 KBName:  IMG_0140[1].jpg
Views: 50
Size:  101.6 KBName:  IMG_0139[1].jpg
Views: 57
Size:  96.6 KBName:  IMG_0145[1].jpg
Views: 61
Size:  78.9 KBName:  IMG_0144[1].jpg
Views: 69
Size:  107.5 KB So, wow, I can't really figure out how to organize these photos in my post, so bear with me... The first pic is of the lutino in the quarantine tank (12x12x18 inches). Then pics of the lutino, with a quarter for comparison of size. The next two are of the regular red eye, who I tried to get a pic of with the quarter, but he/she is very feisty and jumping all over the place, I think he's a bit freaked. I do have a question about the lutino, he's got some grey/blue spots on his back (may not be visible in the pics), but appears to be of either fresh or old scratches. I have Dr. Frye's first aid kit on hand, should I apply some SSd cream on his back as a precaution? And also wondering if I should offer crickets tonight, or wait until tomorrow? And do you all think they look healthy otherwise? They seem a bit on the skinny side, but of course my adult red-eye is a bit plumper from being fed everyday... Thanks for looking!
    1.1.0 White's Treefrog
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf Frog

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: The babies have arrived xoxo

Beautiful frogs! (Didn't that delivery guy know what precious cargo was inside?) i think that putting the medicine would be a good idea. You can never be too careful. You could offer crickets tonight but be mindful that they are probably very stressed out and it will only scare them more the idea that a giant (from their eyes) person would be looming over them so if they don't immediately go for it then leave them be till tomorrow. Other than that and the fact that they look very underfed they look amazing and i hope that they have a long and happy life under your care! Congrats

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: The babies have arrived xoxo

Thank you! Well, there was no indication on the package that there were live or perishable items in the box, so I can't entirely blame the delivery guy, I blame the vendor... I am leaving them be as I do understand the stress of being moved is probably quite high, and now being in a new home with new sounds, etc.. I have them in my 'frog and fish room' with the door closed, so hopefully they're settling in. They do look very skinny to me, so I think I will offer crickets in the glass feeding bowl and see if they take any, but won't stress if they don't eat tonight. I hope they live a long and happy life too! Thank You!
    1.1.0 White's Treefrog
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf Frog

Thread Information