Any advice for a first time Pacman owner? Got him yesterday. So far he is not eating yet. Not too worried yet, but at what point should I start? And at what point should I consider force feeding? And how? And advice about any aspect of owning and maintaining a enclosure would be much appreciated.
1. Size of enclosure: 10gal but blocked off by a bush to seem smaller.
2. # of inhabitants - specifically other frogs and size differences: 1 baby pacman
3. Humidity: about 85
4. Temperature: 80 degrees on the warm side using a probe in the substrate. 75 on the cool side. But I think it drops too low at night. Any advice on temp control? I am using a heat pad on one side. I don’t want to have to keep the heat on in my apt.
5. Water - type - for both misting and soaking dish: bottled or dechlorinated tap.
6. Materials used for substrate: ecoearth
7. Enclosure set up i.e. plants (live or artificial), wood, bark and other materials.
- How were things prepared prior to being put into the viv.: one plant blocking half the tank to make it seem smaller a water dish a food dish (he is not eating yet so I am leaving some in there just in case). And a plastic log for hiding.
8. Main food source: night crawlers is what I am trying, but he don’t want to eat.
9. Vitamins and calcium? (how often): none yet. But the plan is ever other day alternating between the 2.
10. Lighting: Just a desk lamp so far. Any suggestions?
11. What is being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure: one heat pad on one side.
12. When is the last time he/she ate: Just got him yesterday. So probably 2 days.
13. Have you found poop lately: No. how often should I?
14. A pic would be helpful including frog and enclosure (any including cell phone pic is fine)
15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes; to include it's ventral/belly area.
16. How old is the frog: brand freaking new!
17. How long have you owned him/her: about 25 hours.
18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred: Bred by Mike.
19. Frog food- how often and if it is diverse, what other feeders are used as treats: none yet. I would like to stay away from crickets. They seem like a lot of work to gut load and are low in nutrition.
20. How often the frog is handled: Unfortunately probably too much. I am taking him out of the substrate and putting him in a critter keeper to try and feed him.
21. Is the enclosure kept in a high or low traffic area: as low a traffic area as can be in my place. Its in my bed room on my desk.
22. Describe enclosure maintenance (water changes, cleaning, etc): Havent had to clean yet, but water change, and sprayed daily.
Name:  20140417_105523[1].jpg
Views: 140
Size:  40.9 KBName:  20140418_111311[1].jpg
Views: 134
Size:  63.0 KB