Thread: Amazon milk frog-care?-price?-setup?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Amazon milk frog-care?-price?-setup?

Hey ff, I've been thinking for a while and I've decided that my next undertaking in the world of frogs will be amazon milk frogs. However, unlike with my two whites tree frogs (didn't research a whole lot), i want to know EVERYTHING there is to know about amfs. How much should a healthy baby cost? Tank size? Setup and humidity and temp? Care? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Amazon milk frog-care?-price?-setup?

amfs eh? They aren't very exciting lol, my least favorite of the ones I keep for sure. Not that I hate them, I would never sell them or anything even though my partner hates them LOL! The males get really loud and annoying at night. Most of them turn out to be males, females are rare. I had to change bedrooms down the hall because I couldn't sleep with their noises. They are stupid and silly like white's but with less personality. They are a more calmer frog I find and don't seem too bothered being handled. They are greedy too. Heard a lot about babies being hard to raise into adults as they die easily, but I raised my 2 with no problems at all. They are very active most of the times so give them a big tank they will use the space and jump around a lot. Some nights they will sit still and not do much other nights they are throwing themselves around lol. I have 2 in a 24x18x24 inch exo terra. Temperature mid to high 20s degrees C doesn't really matter. Basking spot is optional but they enjoy one about 30 degrees. High UV I use 10% UVB for mine since they were young, maybe thats why they didnt die like alot of others lol. 1 x 26W exo terra 10% compact UVB is what I use (although they changed the name of them now I think 10% goes by the name UVB150 now) If you put a perch or something close enough to the bulb it will act like the basking spot too.

Here's my set up

They sit at the highest point of the cork bark ledge at the back.
    Yes I know there is no water in their dish I took this pic after I just cleaned out their tank lol. They like a big dish to float in they will spread their arms and legs out in it lol, they are actually good swimmers for tree frogs so the bigger dish the better!

It's all fake plants with natural wood. They are too fat for real plants that would fit inside a tank, they would just get damaged.
    As for humidity I rarely mist them, so room humidity is fine. I maybe mist them twice a month sometimes less, it sets them off croaking and makes them very active usually that's why I don't do it lol.
    They will be 4 years old now actually I got them june 2010, they were tiny so I think they had just changed into froglets which would mean they tadpoles around this time 4 years ago

I can't remember what I paid but I have seen them from anywhere around $40 from breeders to over $100 in pet stores. They are becoming quite common nowadays.

2.2.0 - Giant Waxy Monkey Frogs
    2.4.0 - White's Tree Frogs 1.3.0 - Red Eyed Tree Frogs
    5.1.0 - Uluguru Forest Tree Frogs 2.0.0 - Amazon Milk Frogs 1.2.0 - Tomato Frogs

4. This member thanks andaroo for this post:

Thread Information