[United States]

Default Re: 180 gal 4x3x2 FwoGiZ Living room display vivarium journal

That looks amazing!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Thanks all for the comments! If anyone has idea for the lid you lemme know haha!!

Nationality
    [United States]

You should post pics or video of your frog room . That would be a real treat
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nationality
    [Canada]

Interested in the hardware and the frog room itself or mostly the tanks/animals?
    Lotso temporary and not so maintained tank in there ahha. I need to make a big clean up soon!
    But I am putting lotso time on that bigger project!

rjm2653

You can use the sliding glass tutorial. I googled diy glass sliding top. Very cheap and easy

Nationality
    [United States]

Lol, I was interested in the tanks/animals, but hardware is always cool too. If you want to wait until you clean it up first, I wouldn't mind. Everyone loves a clean tank
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nationality
    [Canada]

Ok well I will try and make some overall video of the frog room some time soon

Meanwhile, here's a video about my concerns in regard to the sump. If any of you have experience with sumps, any advice would be most appreciated... still trying real hard to figure out what to do for this.
    I have never worked with those before so this is new to me, and I obviously don't wanna mess it up!
    So I was thinking mechanical, along with wet/dry bioballs filtration, then refugium then pump area. Seems good enough for me considering there will be lotso water with very few fishes/shrimps but I have to consider land stuff falling in there.. leaves substrate flies... etc

Quote Originally Posted by rjm2653 View Post
    You can use the sliding glass tutorial. I googled diy glass sliding top. Very cheap and easy

Thanks a lot for that! I Will be looking into it as I haven't been able to find anything good up til now ;(

Anyways here's the video! Lemme know what you guys think!
    Thanks

Nationality
    [Canada]

Forgot to mention in the video that I have a kinda small drug cabinet if I may call it so with various medical supplies to treat common illnesses or diseases those animals may have or get!!!

It's a long video!! enjoy ;p

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

My recommendation is to forego the sump and get a Fluval FX6. If going with sump; for that space would use a 30B size (36L, 18W, 12H in in.). Make sure the sump corners are well supported by 2x4s resting on floor; they can get heavy.
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    My recommendation is to forego the sump and get a Fluval FX6. If going with sump; for that space would use a 30B size (36L, 18W, 12H in in.). Make sure the sump corners are well supported by 2x4s resting on floor; they can get heavy.
    Major reason I need a sump is to keep water level in the tank!! Plus they cheap and easy to build!!!
    36x18x12 would definitely be the best size tank for what I need but I am not gonna buy brand new and this is size real hard to find!!! I think I'll prolly end up going with some 20$ 30x12x12... which isn't as big as I wished, but should still do the tricks...

So one of the biggest dilemma I've had while working on this one project definitely is the lid... because there are no cross braces (it has euro bracing instead), it will be real hard for me to incorporate a lid with all the requirement that I need, which are;
    4ft by 3ft
    2x 48in LED lighting fixtures
    2x 10in basking spots
    needs mesh for UV + air exchange
    at least 3 holes for nozzles
    possibly another much bigger hole if fogger output doesn't work like intended (didn't have the chance to test it yet)
    also need lids that I can easyly open and close... can't be too big if not geckos will get out
    with all of this in mind, basically I have to build some kindo cross braces so I thought about glass, acrylic, polycarb but I think wood might actually be my best bet...
    I am thinking about making a frame out of wood, drylok it and make sure it fit snug and sit on top of the euro bracing... place a silicon bead along where the lids will sit on, attach the plastic hinges somehow to the wood, and have the mesh frame sit on the wooden frame too.
    Here' a pic of what I am talking about...
    Tell me what you guys think!! Basically making sure that HUGE frame fit tight would be the hard part...!

Name:  framyyo.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  23.1 KB

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default 180 gal 4x3x2 FwoGiZ Living room display vivarium journal

That's the gemstone riverbed

The real gemstones that are gonna be in the treasure chest

A stack of wood that I preselected.

A full shot. I started laying abg mix around and planted fake mushrooms

Getting there!

Nationality
    [Canada]

cool so im not the only one with quartz in my tanks.

Nationality
    [Canada]

you have alot tho.. i just put a rose and a clear quartz in two

Frogger00

Wow I'm so excited for you! I want to do a big display tank as well, possibly this summer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [Canada]

Yeah I like bling bling ehehe. I put a big piece of quartz and amethyst on area where I don't think the frogs or geckos will jump on. I really want this vivarium to be different... to many "all natural, biotope" vivarium out there.. How about something excentric for once right Not like the animals care.... ! Everything they need and more will be avail in this tank !
    I'll have to start working on the top. The plan is in my head, a bit different than the one in my previous post.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Oh god I haven't done an update in so long... vivarium is pretty much all finished heheh<br />
    I guess I wasn't doing videos anymore because of the almost total lack of interest;p maybe you guys don't like videos or my french accent or... hmm maybe something else.<br />
    Oh well.. I put all the animals in there yesterday... 5 mins later my frogs were calling, courting and doing their sexy thing all over the place I couldn't believe it!!! The geckos are VERY shy as it is but I am sure they'll get better. One of the gecko was VERY bold and unstressed... with a tiny bit of training I am sure he'd hop on my finger to get fed so I don't think this guy will have an issue feeling at home in this giant vivarium!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I also been having issues with cycling my sump... basically water was way too acidic and apparently I have so much algea on the riverbed that it's acting as a MUCH better filter than any sump could ever be so in the end, it's all good except it looks ugly... but hey it's eliminating everything... no nitrate left! I made a 90% water change yesterday so I am letting water get to the right temperature and putting in the fish tonight; guppies, platys, otos... eventually get ghost shrimps or maybe cherrys<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I am pretty happy how the whole lid thing turned out! The only thing left is to finish the stand but that will wait hehe...<br />
    I will make a final video real soon I guess. Will also post pics... ALL flaming will be ignored... NO I am not gonna let ANY mutt eggs hatch... as soon as I start having good eggs, the mints and the yellow will be moved back to their original tank, and will scrap all eggs then breed the orange black foot all by themselves!

I am quite excited bout this project coming to an end! Can finally just enjoy watching the live action!!!

Nationality
    [Canada]

5 min after I put em all in there...! Lotso love in this vivarium haha

jossh27

i wasnt following the thread since the beginning as i'm a new member, but i liked the videos. i think it would be cool to do one last video after the fish have been added!

is it safe to have geckos and darts together in the same tank?

pssst... you didn't finish by winter! -looks amazing! great job

Nationality
    [Canada]

Yeah I slacked off haha! But now it's all done) except for finishing the stand haha

Keeping gecko n terribs can be done but it's quite risky. Obviously has no pros to it for the animals but if you know what you're doing it can be done.
    I chose terribs n gold dust day gecko because I know they're similar size and will not go after each other.
    Lotso monitoring is mandatory if you wanna achieve success. As of day2, I really dont think the terribs noticed they're not alone... the geckos on the other hand, are still verry stressed and shy. One of em was incredibly bold and tame and he's still the one I see the most but he's no where near as bold as he was, kinda shy now and I know he noticed the frogs. Frogs have been calling and courting and fighting a lot since i put em in there, I can tell they really like their new home
    I'll prolly have to seperate the yellow and mint tho cause as it is it shouldn't be long before the orange blackfoot breeds.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information