Thread: Anyone with E. anthonyi Santa Isabel?

Default Anyone with E. anthonyi Santa Isabel?

I have never seen an adult of this species so I have nothing to go by. I read somewhere that an adult is around 25mm, that would put it just under an inch. Are they considered thumbnails? The care sheet section here shows a video with 6 of these in a 18x18x24 so that leads me to believe they can't be that big.

Is there another frog that you could mention that is the same adult size as E. anthonyi Santa Isabel?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Anyone with E. anthonyi Santa Isabel?

Although they are small compared to the tincs and leucs of the world, the E. anthonyii species are not considered a thumbnail. They are more terrestrial than the thumbs. They also tend to get slightly bigger. I would think a 18x18x24 exo terra is plenty of space for 6. There aren't really any other species that are the same size. Think about a 4 or 5 month old tinc. That's the size of an adult santa isabel. There is also a lot of different morphs of this species. I have some Salvias and Pasaje anthonyii, which are a little smaller than that.

Default Re: Anyone with E. anthonyi Santa Isabel?

Quote Originally Posted by FrogRN View Post
    Although they are small compared to the tincs and leucs of the world, the E. anthonyii species are not considered a thumbnail. They are more terrestrial than the thumbs. They also tend to get slightly bigger. I would think a 18x18x24 exo terra is plenty of space for 6. There aren't really any other species that are the same size. Think about a 4 or 5 month old tinc. That's the size of an adult santa isabel. There is also a lot of different morphs of this species. I have some Salvias and Pasaje anthonyii, which are a little smaller than that.

Thanks. That's the kind of size comparison I was looking for. I'd like to get some but they are not at the top of my wish list and they seem to be too prolific. My Tincs and Leucs breed too easy and too often. It's one of the reason I'm now moving towards thumbnails.

I completely forgot about you. The Leucs I got from you are doing great. I'll PM you soon.

Thread Information