Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frogs sleeping on ground

bellk

Default Re: Frogs sleeping on ground

one more thing- should i quit the panacure since theyve each had about 4 small crickets dusted with it each night or should i give it to them tommorow as well? i attached another picture of tony.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Paul Rust

Three feedings in a row, regardless of how much they eat.

ngriffin2009

I was wondering where you can buy some panacur and other frog meds? I live in rual kansas and there are not any reptile vets near. I figured it probably wouldn't hurt to have some on hand just in case.

Paul Rust

I buy a lot of my supplies from these guys.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...fm?pcatid=1457

Get smaller amounts of Panacur here.

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Panacur+C-prod10674.html

xkatelynell

Quote Originally Posted by NW Amphibian Rescue View Post

Ah thank you so much! I also live in Kansas as I've said many times and it's terrible to find vets here that know about amphibians and reptiles.

I'm not sure but I think you can order those in blue.
    She could get a girlfriend and paint her blue. :U Maybe green? xDD

So wait for frogs and toads. If a person cant find a good vet where they live. Is this a good substitute? Ived b een trying to find good vets that are near me. They all tend to be 1-2hours away. Which I dont want to put my amphibians under such stress unless its for a check up. So.... is this the only med you give to your frog or toad to kill off parasites?

But my question is. This says its for dogs but you guys seem to have used it for your frogs. How do you determine a said dosage? Like do you sprinkle it on all the crickets? Will it stick to the crickets? Like the dusting powder? Or do you have to wet the crickets first then dust em with it?

Paul Rust

Most of these questions can be answered here. If you still have questions, let me know.

http://www.frogforum.net/care-articl...first-aid.html

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by bellk View Post
    hey guys! here are the babies, arnie and tony
    tony still likes to hang out behind the fountain a lot. they each ate 4 crickets dusted with panacure and 1 meal worm. how do they look? ( tony is the darker of the two) any advice or insight is welcome!
    kam
    They look really great Kam. Taking that piece out of the waterfall to make a wee pond is a cool idea.

Edit: A wee pond? I sound like Ebony now. LOL

xkatelynell

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
    Anyway..In regards to your enclosure, I thought since you are going shopping that i would mention those magnetised ledges are great. I just got one for one of my enclosures and im going to get more.
    Pet Tech Magnaturals Large Hanging Jungle

I've found my frogs absolutely love those. Always in the jungle not really anywhere else. That site also has many many different kinds of magnetic ledges, vines, jungles, ect.

Also if you aren't one to buy online there's a package similar to this one
    Nature Zone Water Drip Vine - Habitat Décor - Reptile - PetSmart
    at pet stores that is like 7 bucks and it gives you like 4 feet of leaves/vine with suction cups. It's so handy.

I also found that my frogs, if they don't have enough leaves high up they will stay closer to the ground so I'm thinking that may be your problem.

That's just my two cents worth

CrazyAirborne

my WTF always burrows into this one spot in some soft moss. He has plenty to climb on, and he climbs all over everything at night, but every morning I check on him hes sitting in his little burrow, sound asleep.

bellk

Talking Re: Frogs sleeping on ground

Ha! Thanks Paul! I really am enjoying my little guys and you have been a HUGE help! This forum is the best! I couldnt find the magnetized ledges except on-line so I ordered one on-line. I'll post more pics once I do!

bellk

Quote Originally Posted by xkatelynell View Post
    Pet Tech Magnaturals Large Hanging Jungle

I've found my frogs absolutely love those. Always in the jungle not really anywhere else. That site also has many many different kinds of magnetic ledges, vines, jungles, ect.

Also if you aren't one to buy online there's a package similar to this one
    Nature Zone Water Drip Vine - Habitat Décor - Reptile - PetSmart
    at pet stores that is like 7 bucks and it gives you like 4 feet of leaves/vine with suction cups. It's so handy.

I also found that my frogs, if they don't have enough leaves high up they will stay closer to the ground so I'm thinking that may be your problem.

That's just my two cents worth
    Thanks so much Katelyn! What a great website! I am a seasoned on-line shopper

bellk

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

The substrate I would reccomend is ground coconut shell, covered in leaf litter. Live oak leaves from Josh's frogs works perfectly for this. With cocnut shell you could add live plants to the mix, but there should be a drainage layer for that. You can do this with a false bottom or just LECA covered over by mesh to prevent the coconut from sliding down into the LECA.

Trust me- I don't need to attempt real plants! I kill all I have bought. How often do you change this tyope of substrate (coconut shell covered in leaf litter?

Kurt

Never, if there are live plant involved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information