Thread: Superworms and mealworms for GABF feeders?

Yikedaddy23

Default Superworms and mealworms for GABF feeders?

I read that superworms and mealworms were a fatty food for GABF. My frogs love them how often should you feed your frogs superworms. I've heard of some storys where superworms eat their way thru frogs stomache. My frogs dont seem to have a problem with eating them

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

limnologist

Default Re: Superworms and mealworms for GABF feeders?

I breed mealworms and superworms, they make up the majority of my 2 pacman frogs diets, ive never had any problems with the worms "eating through the frogs stomach" and find that they are great food items as long as you feed the worms with good vegetables ( carrots, apples, potatoes) try starting a feeding routine of 4 large worms 4 days a week for bigger frogs. expiriment a little with smaller frogs.

Hope this helps

Default Re: Superworms and mealworms for GABF feeders?

from what ive heard from a lot of ppl who seem to know thier stuff on here, superworms are really fatty and shouldnt be fed too often....meal worms IMO shouldnt even be fed to them bc of the shell to meat ratio and frogs have a tough time digesting their shell....lots of feeding of them or constant feeding of them can lead to impaction but to everyone thier own ways as long as u think u are doing whats best for ur frog

Thread Information