Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WANTED: Blue Green Frogs!

AnimalEnthusiast

Default Re: WANTED: Blue Green Frogs!

I find this thread pretty interesting. Does anyone have any updates?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Still looking for one of these beauties! My friend actually found a semi metallic blue one but it was hit by a car. I want to do a little experimenting with the blue frog gene, see if it is recessive or dominant trait and see what it can produce. My idea to get one is go up to around west grand lake in Maine after a rain, usually the frogs are everywhere on the road, so I could go sort through the bunch and see if I find one. Does anyone know about the blue frog gene? It's a new gene for me but I do mention someone saying that it was recessive. Hope I get one soon!

There are blue frogs, but the photo in the first post looks photoshoped to me. Don't want to offend anyone - it's just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by earthtiger View Post
    There are blue frogs, but the photo in the first post looks photoshoped to me. Don't want to offend anyone - it's just my humble opinion.
    Go here Robyn's Pond Pictures from Other People Page and search the page for the word 'blue'. You'll find several more pictures of this same frog (as well as a few other examples), making a photoshop job pretty unlikely. The white balance looks a little on the cool side which will exaggerate the blue a little, but on my monitor the blue isn't too far off from the blue on the frogs I've seen, it really can be a pretty striking blue. Displayed on a random monitor in random lighting conditions from a random camera it's about the best you can expect for accuracy...

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Last week caught a blue brook trout morph fly fishing.I have photos but find it difficult to post them here,might have to put it on my private album,,,d.e.c. Says its one in a billion.

There is also a video of the blue green frog, the blue is pretty bright so other people probably thought the same thing but it is real. Ted that blue brook trout is a need to see I myself am also a very active fly fisherman. Me and my father always love fly fishing in Greenvile Maine but we saw this almost albino or palomino salmon a couple years ago and it has been back every fall. My dad had it on while nymphing but it spit the hook and was very skittish, but will get some pics this fall or try to at least.

Anyone have any blue frog updates?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information