Thread: ADF Injury - Suggestions?

iShiz

Default ADF Injury - Suggestions?

Hey all!

I'm not usually the forum type, but I have a bit of a situation with an inherited ADF and information on the internet is surprisingly sparse.

Long story short, last week my mother bought frogs to hang out with her Betta fish, realized she was actually terrified of "slimy" things and gave them to me to take care of. I haven't had ADF's in years, but I was able to set up a 3gallon aquarium for them temporarily until I can go to the store and purchase proper frog supplies (enclosure related). Water levels are fine - there's a lot of foliage and hiding places for them and everything seems to be great...

...for 3/4 of the frogs.

The fourth had an incident at the pet store thanks to the attendants incompetence. She dropped the poor guy on the floor from about 6ft and assured my mother he was fine - but I have found that he has an obvious would on his jaw, and while he isn't completely inactive he's been coping at best. I didn't feel anything was wrong outside of the obvious until I got home from work this evening and saw that he looked a little bloated. I don't know if this is a stress response, if he ate too much, or what but I wanted to touch base with people who may have experienced something similar. Is there something I can or should do to help this guy out further? I've never treated an injury like this before so I'm a little anxious about the situation. Any suggestions would be great!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: ADF Injury - Suggestions?

Hello and welcome to FF . Sorry about the injured frog . A skin wound could be treated with Melafix; but a broken jaw could fix itself or maybe not.

Bloating can be caused by renal failure, which after that fall, is within the realm of possibilities. Or the frog may have a bad internal bacterial infection, which could eventually become contagious to the other frogs. If an infection, a stronger antibiotic like Mardel's Maracyn Plus (works against Gram + & - bacteria) is prescribed.

Myself think the frog received internal damage during fall and recommend it be returned to the store. The employee should have never sold that frog to your Mom after they dropped it .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information