Thread: Vivarium Idea For PacMan Frog... Check this out!

Naturaltanks13Dst

Default Vivarium Idea For PacMan Frog... Check this out!

Ok! After some research, I think I have a solid idea for a PacMan Frog Vivarium. I've seen a LOT of terrariums online, and have taken ideas from them, as well as some innovative stuff I thought up on my own.
    I imagine a 20 gal. tank with a layer of rocks, then substrate with a heating pad beneath the tank as a way to increase humidity. Live non-toxic plants (in Pots) in the back corners, and the backdrop area. Surrounded by larger rocks covered in feather moss as a barrier to prevent the frog from burrowing into them, and keeping them stationary while the substrate surrounds the larger rocks at a depth which provides plenty of room to burrow. This will also serve as a way to introduce water into the rock layer, "if" necessary. I intend to use a shallow water dish as well! Cleaning is the only challenge I see! Mostly tear down, and rebuild once a month or so! Any thought?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Namio

Default Re: Vivarium Idea For PacMan Frog... Check this out!

Sounds good to me. The drainage layer you can use hydroton or similar product or even just regular river rocks. As for the 20 Gallon tank I'd recommend getting the 'long' version so you have more floor space and better the thermal gradient. As far as cleaning, if you spot clean as soon as you see them poop and also take out the dirt which made contact with the poop, you should be able to keep the tank clean for many months.

Namio

Default Re: Vivarium Idea For PacMan Frog... Check this out!

The only minor adjustment I'd make is to place the under tank heater on the side of the tank instead of underneath the tank. Horned frogs burrow down to cool themselves off and can instead get burnt if the UTH was place in the bottom.

Thread Information