Thread: Juvenile Pacman Frog Questions

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Juvenile Pacman Frog Questions

I got a juvenile C. cranwelli yesterday, and have two questions if anyone would be so kind as to answer.

1. How many crickets should I expect her to eat? I will be feeding her 1/16" crickets for now, but if I feel she can handle bigger, I'll upgrade her to 1/8". She seems a little over an inch long SVL, but I haven't measured her properly. If you want a picture of her compared to a coin, please ask.

2. How long should it be until she grows to 3". She's in a critter keeper now, but I'd like to move her into her adult tank since the setup is pretty unpleasing to the eye. I've heard anything from a month to eight months. I plan to feed her every other day and follow the dusting schedule recommended on this forum.

If you can answer, please do so! I start feeding her tomorrow. Thank you for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No frogs currently!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

cjbage

Default Re: Juvenile Pacman Frog Questions

well I can only give you an estimate by telling you what my baby eats a day, it will vary frog by frog etc, when I got Cedar he/she was about 1-1.5in SVL and ate about 5 crickets or so a day, one month later he/she is between 2-2.5" SVL and is up to eating 10-12 crickets, about 1/4" in size, I try to keep them about the width of the spacing between his eyes, sometimes he will over look the smaller ones and only eat the larger of the ones I put in with him, then I have to clear out the left overs before going to sleep.

i think if they eat other things like worm pieces, dubia or pacman food they will have a different growth rate.

And make sure to gut load your crickets before feeding, add either prepared cricket food ( the fluker's stuff is junk don't buy it ) or shred lettuce, carrot and crush cheerios and let them eat that, and make sure to have a water source like water gel crystals ( polymer ones ) or soak cotton balls in treated tap water, don't put a dish of water in the cricket tank they will drown. There is also some cricket food recipes you can use here on the forum to add to a prepared dry cricket food to help boost it, that's what I do.

Thread Information