Thread: Want to set up a terrarium with dart frogs, need advise and frogs :)

AAngela

Default Want to set up a terrarium with dart frogs, need advise and frogs :)

I have a 55g aquarium that Im thinking of setting up as a terrarium with live plants...pretty much a self sustaining ecosystem for poison dart frogs. Im not exactly a newbie at extreme exotic pets I have 2 successful saltwater aquariums, a macaw, 2 caiques and a 12ftX12ft mini forest in my home... with all that said I think it should be a fun "easy" project for me. But seriously.... is any exotic pet project easy...no. Im planning on "growing" my own flightless fruit flies and maybe even get them to grow in the system since its going to be pretty big anyway.

Im looking for suggestions on how to do this, I have been looking up terrariums and looking at how to properly control natural decay keep humidity and making a nice enviornment... you know all the good stuff. One thing Im REALLY having a problem with is locating the frogs Im in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area so if anyone has suggestions I would appreciate any advise. Im not entirely fond of ordering online and I hope to find someone or a store semi local to purchase the frogs.

Im really hoping this forum brings as much success as the reef society forum brought me.... Thanks guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Want to set up a terrarium with dart frogs, need advise and frogs :)

You might want to check out the Dendroboard dart frog forum as well. There's lots of good info on darts on there.

Thread Information