Thread: Colorado/Alvarius Toad - Gonzo strange dark coloration: Normal? Bacteria? Fungus? Pls. help.

Default Colorado/Alvarius Toad - Gonzo strange dark coloration: Normal? Bacteria? Fungus? Pls. help.

Dear ones,
    maybe someone has an idea what this strange dark coloration on Gonzos head/neck/back is???
    It has strange brighter spots within the dark surface, so maybe its an infection?
    He has a little dark spot like this on one of his leg glands and there is an infection (open dripping).
    I am treating this with a mix of melafix and pimafix (eyedropper bottle with water and 5 drops of each)
    Seems to help.

Anyone an idea???

Thank you, love, olli

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Colorado/Alvarius Toad - Gonzo strange dark coloration: Normal? Bacteria? Fungus? Pls. help.

Anyone???

Default Re: Colorado/Alvarius Toad - Gonzo strange dark coloration: Normal? Bacteria? Fungus? Pls. help.

Pls. can anyone at least say a word about it? Two of the others have those dark spots as well, under the mouth and on the top of their head. There are no wounds or anything though. Maybe its just coloration of aging, there are close to maturity I guess.

I have also trouble with my small girl Sue. She had a glant infection with lots of white stuff coming out. I treat her with Pimafix and Melafix and the wound is closing now. But she is still not eating (for 1 week now) She is not too skinny, has clear eyes, move, looks otherwise normal. Maybe she just needs some rest kinda?

How long are they ok without eating?
    Should I force feed her?

Any ideas? Please just give at least a comment or so.

I will upload pix of the coloration soon.
    Deep thanks.
    <3 olli

Ratz

Hi Olli,

when I click on the pictures I get some scary advertising which I dont dare to click away... therefore I cannot see much details.

Could it be that they abrade it, e.g. when hiding under a stone in combination with the sand on their skin? How are they doing? Is it getting worse?

Regards,
    Ratz

Thanks Ratz, for your answer.
    The pic hoster is a bit strange, yes and sorry.

Just to let you know, they are all ok. Skinned the sark spots off. I removed the complete bedding (wow, over 70ltrs of stuff :-))
    Now its an all very clean cocohum and sand mix in there, which they seem to love more, too. :-)

The little girl, Sue, is eating again and all are doing well.

Thanks! Will post pix the next days/weeks.

Love, olli

Thread Information