Thread: Cold Weather Tips for Reptile, Amphibian & Invertebrate Owners

findiviglio

Default Cold Weather Tips for Reptile, Amphibian & Invertebrate Owners

Hi, Frank Indiviglio here. I’m a herpetologist, zoologist, and book author, recently retired from a career spent at several zoos, aquariums, and museums, including over 20 years with the Bronx Zoo.
    Whether you keep a single, cold-hearty Common Snapping Turtle or a large collection of tropical lizards, frogs and tarantulas, cold winter weather brings certain challenges. This is especially true for those of us who, in the interests of environmental and financial responsibility, do not wish to super-heat our homes in order to satisfy our pets’ needs. While working at the Bronx Zoo, I always sought the advice of our staff electricians when faced with heating issues. Today I’ll review what I’ve learned there concerning various types of heating devices, cage material and location, insulation and other topics that take on special importance when temperatures drop. Read the rest of this article here Cold Weather Tips for Reptile & Amphibian Pets | That Reptile Blog
    Please also check out my posts on Twitter http://bitly.com/JP27Nj and Facebook http://on.fb.me/KckP1m

My Bio, with photos of animals I’ve been lucky enough to work with: That Pet Place welcomes Zoologist/Herpetologist Frank Indiviglio to That Reptile Blog | That Reptile Blog

Best Regards, Frank

2. This member thanks findiviglio for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information