Thread: Age question on Pacman's

cjbage

Default Age question on Pacman's

Sorry to be a bother

My daughter's birthday is coming up in a few months and she wants me to come see her, it is about a 4-5 hour drive one way so it will be an overnight stay for me, my little frog is very young and small still, 9g and maybe 1.5in in length, trying to get a better food source then crickets but its been trying lol, anyway, if feeding before I leave and having it go without until I get home the next night be ok ? I know the dusting sched noted that juvie will eat a bit less often then daily but not exactly sure the age that a frog will be considered one. Please bear in mind this is my first frog and I am a complete noob at this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Age question on Pacman's

A 1.5 in. frog is still a baby and should be fed daily. Considering the possible hardships to frog if you take it with you; think feeding it before you leave is the best option .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

cjbage

Yeah I am not sure how fast they grow lol, some of the member's frogs seems to have taken off and gained weight and look so nice, but Cedar is just so small. He/She is eating crickets and hoping to get earthworm pieces down him/her soon, Idk if I want to spend the $50 to order the roaches only to have them not accept it as a food source ;( but I still have a few months before going there so hopefully things will start taking off with weight n growth and happy happy frog time.

I ordered a new set of tongs and think the bait shop had some of those red wrigglers mixed into the euro's cup cuz the worm I tried to feed the piece off of it too was skinny and short and stretched out really really long.

100+ Post Member Louis Charles Bruckner's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Sent you a PM.
    Also if you cut a red wrigglier it will put out a yellowish mucus that is really bad tasting and most frogs will spit it right out.

Not all night crawlers are huge, it could have been a juvenile.

cjbage

The one that I cut didn't give off any smell or mucus or anything, but I kept moving it around his lips/feet etc and all he would do when the worm would touch him is back into his hole I really don't want to stress him out further by taking him out and putting him into a feeding box but that will be the next step to try.

the ones I am used to dealing with were pretty darn big fishing worms my dad used to get from a bait shop, it was ginormous lol and barely fit on the hooks .. ahh such memories

Thread Information