Thread: my new pacman

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [Canada]

Default my new pacman

Its been a while since I've been on and just wanted to say I got a new pacman on Monday. He is a baby, and a nice caramel/toffee color with bright green stripes.

He's quite the hopper for a little guy. Jumped in his container more than 6 or 7 inches across I'd say. I'll take a picture between now and the weekend.

Right now the toonie sized guy is stuck in a 2 gallon sized tank cause I had no room when my room mate got him for just $35 which is very good for where I live.

I am getting a 36x18x12 terrarium this weekend so "TOFFEE" will be getting a new bigger home soon. I'll likely put my tomatoes in the 36 and Toffee in the 24"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: my new pacman

Hi Robbie! Do not move a baby Pacman to a large enclosure until it is 3.5-4 in. in length. You can set up the larger tank and place the 2 gallon with frog inside it if desired for temperature and humidity control. More information on their needs in here: http://www.frogforum.net/content/pac...-breeding-170/ .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [Canada]

Thanks Carlos. I have a few frogs, and have a pretty good handle on it but this is good to have as I'm always still learning and want this baby to do well. When she first picked him up he ate two crickets, pooped, then buried himself. The tank is just 6" high and 12" long and 6" wide. When he emerged in the morning I put the temporary light on, white warm light because my red light had broke. He immediately dug down to escape it, so must have been too warm. Took him out to feed last night but he wasn't hungry.
    Going to try putting crickets in his tank tonight. Or dangle a red wiggler.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Need to get a digital combo gauge probe in there and ensure the humidity and temperature are within specs .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [Canada]

I had one specially bought for him and its missing. But I'll dig it up tonight.

this website is having major problems for me when typing. Namely, I have to often hit a key several times for it to register. Not happening anywhere else which is odd.

Anyway I have to retype my entire response because it locked up.

I have a question. I have two fire bellies in a 10 gallon. 2 adult female tomato frogs and 1 male 24x18x12 and my pacman both in mini tanks.
    I was planning on getting 6 FB's eventually and placing them in a 36" terrarium.
    While they would appreciate the extra room I don't know if the tomato frogs would care much as borrowers.

If I expand even one tank to 36" then I need to make sure my shelf I'm building out of pine will accommodate it for all the levels.
    Last edited by Baloo; March 6th, 2014 at 07:57 PM.

Thread Information