Thread: Question about my Pac mans..well poop

cjbage

Question Question about my Pac mans..well poop

Ok so I got my frog 4 days ago and he has been eating fairly well, doesn't like the tongs though but will keep trying, he gobbles up the crickets when I drop them in his container but I really don't like doing that.. anyway as far as I can tell he hasn't pooped or at least I don't think he has, he has moved around bit in the container and has several indents where he buries himself. I looked inside of them and didn't see anything that would resemble poo and his water dish only has the dirt from when he jumps in and sits in there then gets back out. Which is cleaned and refilled every morning.

But how will I know he pooped, I mean he's just a little thing yet just about 1.5 inches long at the most so his little presents can't be that big..can they? He must have went sometime, he looked skinny this morning at feeding time, little piggie at 6 small crickets this morning before turning away from me and kicking dirt around to rebury himself. Anyway as long as he is eating and looking ok do I need to worry about this right now? Should I keep poking around in there looking for them or what? He still isn't comfortable with me putting my hand in there to feed him and really freaks when I need to move him to reset the plant etc.

I think I am going to try and get him to eat worm bites instead of crickets as soon as possible.. I had 2 escapees today and can't find them in my room.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Question about my Pac mans..well poop

"He" will poop as soon as "he" becomes familar with his surrounding. Don't rearrange the plants or handle him. This will just stress "him" out. Please read the instructions for keeping Horned Frogs on this website. You can't go wrong reading them.

cjbage

yes thank you I have read the care sheet, several times in fact lol, as far as handling him goes, it isn't what you are thinking, in order to set his plant back upright I need to touch his butt to get him out of the way so I can do it and get the waterbowl out to clean and refill it, I don't pick him up etc etc. it doesn't get rearranged per se.. just put back so there is room for him to at least move a bit without needing to climb/jump over the plant leaves to reach the bowl. And ya I call the frog " he " for now until I know what actual gender the frog is, saying "it" just doesn't feel right. But will keep an eye out as I feed him so I can remove it to keep the area clean.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

You will know when he "poops". You will notice it right away. Why don't you want to feed "him" crickets. If the crickets are fed correctly they are a great food for Horned Frogs.

cjbage

the crickets right now are tiny and I have an issue with grip in my hands, grabbing them with the tongs is a bit painful and frustrating lol maybe when the frog gets a larger and can have larger crickets it might not be so bad but its more of an issue on my end with the small ones, hence the escapees.. which I never found. worms on the other end wont be so bad, I have cut them up in the past to add to dough balls for my dad's fishing bait etc and should have a better time at gripping them with the tongs.

Nationality
    [United States]

Crickets should be gut loaded with carrots, lettuce, crushed oats/cherios for 24-48 hours before feeding to increase their scant nutritional value. Not dyed Night Crawlers (Walmart and local bait shops) are the best nutrition. But you will need to cut up from pointy end into mouth size pieces for babies and body length for juveniles. Once frog reaches around 3 in. you can feed whole ones without a problem. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information