Thread: ACF HELPP new to having one of these

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    catsmommy2011

Default ACF HELPP new to having one of these

So I purchased my ACF today from a pet store he was a trade in. I had also purchased 2 Bala Sharks and another fish. I brought them home did the adjustment for them to their new home which is a 45 Gal. tall. I already have 1 Colombian shark 5 neon tetras a decent size plako angel fish corycat and a few others. The frog did well for the first 30 minutes in the tank. then he started to go after some of the small fish, i started to sit there and watch him, all of a sudden he went after one of my brand new bala sharks so i immediate caught him in the net and held him captive meanwhile my boyfriend was getting our old 10 gallon ready for him to go into because of him attacking. So he is now in there i have a heater in there set at around 70. and a small filter going now in my journey tonight i have done some research to find everything out about this guy i have found a few things out but i still want to know MORE... So did i do the right thing want to know if i have enough water in my tank i know i need to get him things to hide in i have frozen blood worm that i have been feeding him. im not sure on how old he is though but im pretty sure its a male as well pet store never told me and i never asked either. Any info that can be given would be greatly helpful as i am VERY new to the ACF world. ThanksName:  IMG_20140228_130642_827.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  56.5 KBName:  IMG_20140228_130658_914.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  69.8 KB

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: ACF HELPP new to having one of these

Hello and welcome to FF ! Myself would remove gravel and either run a bare bottom or use fine sand. Reason is, if frog accidentally ingests gravel while eating, it can get impacted. A member has posted pics of his frogs x-ray at veterinary office showing a belly full of stones .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

catsmommy2011

Thank you mentat I will be purchasing sand tomorrow and getting rid of the rock

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Tongue Flicker

As long as the fish is bigger than the ACF i doubt they'll be any real damage done. I've kept a trio of ACFs together with small angelfishes, swordtails, goldfish and weather loaches without any aggression or any harm done for the past 5 years and running.

Your ACF is probably just hungry

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I have had ACF shread huge goldfish, chase weather loaches into the overflow or out of the tank, irridicate 30 plus swords and 30 plus platies overnite. Platies and swords were on purpose so no hard feelings, but if it smells like fish to them, then it sure to heck taste like fish too.

catsmommy2011

Well I know he had one of my bala sharks in his mouth as soon as I was able to drop him into my tank so I immediately took him out and gave him his own tank and gave him a fish to eat

catsmommy2011

All my fish are either smaller then him or around the same size as him

catsmommy2011

Well that's y he now has his own tank

Thread Information