Thread: Would Someone With A Frog And A Camera Help Me?

WorldClassFrogCoddler

Talking Would Someone With A Frog And A Camera Help Me?

Hey guys. I've got a sick little frog I've been rehabbing, and now he seems to be perfectly back to normal, behavior wise, and he looks good, but one problem is, I never took a picture of his underside before he got sick (I don't have a camera unfortunately) so the problem is that I don't know exactly what the underside of a pacman frog should look like when itMs healthy. Specifically the legs, which once were very swollen and red but now seem to be almost back to normal, just a touch of redness on the inner thighs.Anyway, a couple reference pics of healthy pacman frog undersides would help me to understand how healthy or sick my frog truly is.By the way, he got sick due to enclosure issues, once I addresed poor husbandry and got him the vitamins he needs, he has gotten so much better. I think he's nearly out of the woods.So, some pics of your healthy frog's inner thighs would be fanatastic and much appreciated. Thanks guys! I don't have a good internet connection so this would help me a lot.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

WorldClassFrogCoddler

Default Re: Would Someone With A Frog And A Camera Help Me?

And the way I got the frog better was improving all aspects of his cage, putting him in a sick tank that was cleaned extremely well, washing my hands and all tools obsessively to prevent any bacteria from attacking my frog, giving him a quiet, dark, stress free place to be, giving him a hide, which I had read that Pacs won't really use because they prefer to burrow, but in the sick tank with moist paper towel for bedding, he couldn't burrow and was stressing, but once I got the coconut shaped hiding spot, he immediately bonded with it and spends all his time inside it, only emerging when hungry to say, hey, where my food? After eating he instantly disappears again like a ghost.His initial problem was that I made his cocofiber far too wet. I had misread about the frog's preferred conditions, and he was in too wet soil for 4 days. On the 4th day, I noticed he had swollen red legs. Naturally I thought this might have been red leg, but he never had ANY lesions or broken skin of any kind.Not knowing if it was redleg or chytrid fungus or something else, I realized I only had a certain amount of money during the time of this frogs illness, meaning that before I got more funds, the frog would likely be dead.I had a tough choice, vet visit and antibiotics, which I read were very expensive and practically ineffective, but which would be the correct thing to do and probably give him the best chance at surviving, or, using the money to improve his husbandry and get him everything I never knew he needed (this is my first frog and he was nearly an impulse buy so I have been shamefully trying to learn all I can and save the little fella.I improved all his conditions, got all the tools I needed, got vitamins and heaters and hides, and this change of venue did wonders for Bubba the Frog.At first he couldn't move his front legs and his back legs were too swollen to fit under him while he was sitting. He wouldn't eat and didn't look good. But now, after the changes, his front legs are back to normal, his back legs seem to be too, and he can jump so far! I force fed him some nightcrawlers with vitamins and calcium + d3, and this helped a lot. Soon his appetite returned. Although he doesn't care for tong feeding, and my current method is rub it on the corner of his lip until he gets so enraged he tries to bite me, then stuffing a dusty worm chunk in. However, his hunger and hunting instinct is strong. He's eaten several crickets on his own and then last night I brought him 6 large crickets (although they were kinda puny) but he ate all 6 on his own and pooped too, which is always a good sign. He struggles hard with all his limbs when picked up and looks good again, thankfully.I gave him a single bath in a methylene blue solution because I read a herpetologist's advice about it. I might give him another one but I think methylene blue produces ammonia or something so I'm being cautious about it. But the guy said he used way too much in a desperate attempt to save some mangled tadpoles and lots of them survived and thrived. Now I'm just trying to find out what illness he has and address it. Might even give him the vet visit and antibiotics just to say I did. I want him to get healthy and live a long life. I've had some sleepless nights and even cried thinking of how I made him so sick. I never thought I'd come to care so much for my Pacman Plant I MEAN FROG lol, but the little dude has really grown on me.So thanks for the help in advance guys. Might not be able to check in for a day or so but I will read any and all advice.

Thread Information