Thread: Pimple

pimple

Default Pimple

Introducing myself and my bullfrog, his name is Pimple (that is the reason for my username) but i dont really know the sex yet it is too small to be accurate.

I had some other amphibians in the past like Bombina Orientalis and a Albino Pacman, but im really a little more a saurius person, like lizards, monitors, agamids, chams etc. but i have had a lot of different species so you can say i like almost any species (not a fish and little birds fan but who knows ) ok too much from me and now the best way to know our pets is with pics so...:

Name:  IMG_20140215_165733400[1].jpg
Views: 86
Size:  68.5 KBName:  IMG_20140215_165818683[1].jpg
Views: 93
Size:  69.7 KBName:  IMG_20140215_165827337[1].jpg
Views: 104
Size:  87.7 KBName:  IMG_20140216_233210373[1].jpg
Views: 91
Size:  59.8 KBName:  IMG_20140216_233246929[1].jpg
Views: 129
Size:  65.2 KB

There is a bottle cap for the size comparison, also i read somewhere here that the white spot on the ear appears on bigger frogs but mine has it already, so i dont know maybe is not an adspersus or even edulis, that is why i posted the pics so from the beginning i can get the most feedback and information i can.

Thats all for now and enjoy your day with your frogs just like me

PS: I also read that edulis have a line between the eyes that i dont see but neither the blueish on the feet from adspersus so im guessing an hybrid or another specie is what i have

PS2: Pimple because of the Battletoads biggest character

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Pimple

Hello and welcome to FF George! Looks like a GABF to me; but still a baby (with a male like face). First time I read about P. edulis having a line through their eyes. Need to let it grow to confirm species and sex.

Here is a nice care article for it: Frog Forum - African Bullfrog - Pyxicephalus adspersus - Care and Breeding. Make sure you include earthworms in it's diet (can cut body length from pointy end). Also, frog's water should be dechlorinated tap and do not forget to use supplements: http://www.frogforum.net/food-feeder...schedules.html.

Recommend be careful when placing frog in surfaces other than shredded coco in his enclosure. If there are chemicals in those surfaces (detergents, cleaners, etc.), it could be fatal to frog. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

pimple

Default Re: Pimple

Omg well i hope is a GABF male, that was my goal and took the advise of the head shape hoping to pick up a male, and yes im using dechlorinated water also vitamining and feeding the food, im using crickets by now making sure are loaded with healty food

Thread Information